1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phillips DSR708

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by kfcrosby, Aug 22, 2010.

1. kfcrosby

kfcrosby Godfather

Dec 17, 2006
    Memphis, TN
    This little guy is giving me problems....

The guide is not updating consistently on a regular basis and nor that I have switched to Ooma for my home landline, the dialup is not working. I realize that the VoIP service may be causing the problem, but is there a work around for this older receiver?

2. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    The guide data comes from the satellite and has nothing to do with the phone issue. It is extremely difficult/nearly impossible to get TiVo modems to work on VIOP phone lines, and, no there is no work-around besides a normal landline phone.

3. kfcrosby

kfcrosby Godfather

Dec 17, 2006
    Memphis, TN
    thanks BZ, I was afraid the modem issue was probably going to be a dead end, but since that unit is in a bedroom and will not be doing any PPV, I'll milk it for as long as I can.

Any ideas on the guide not updating? I have reset up the dish config and simply no joy gettin anywhere. Sporadic at best, and a pain for sure when a channel get locked out as unavailable....

KC

4. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    Honestly, I think DirecTV is having guide-data problems across the board right now. I've seen them at customers' houses, and here at home. I don't have any TiVos anymore, but there seems to be a lot of "no info available" messages in the guide.