1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phone line and receivers question?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by giant96, Aug 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. giant96

giant96 Cool Member

Feb 1, 2006
    If I do not have a phone line to connect to my 722 receiver im pretty sure I will get charged $5 extra a month correct? I will also have (2) 211 receivers w/ out lines will they charge me $5 per receiver not on the phone line? Also I am losing out on anything besides being able to order PPV? Do the upgrades for the receiver come over the phone line or through the coax? Thanks

2. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    You will be charged on the 722. All dual output (not dual tuner) receivers require a phone line or broadband connection to avoid the $5/mo. fee.
    Upgrades are via satellite.

3. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    You can also hook up your dual tuner receiver to a dsl model using the eithernet connection.

4. AlexT

AlexT Cool Member

Apr 24, 2007
    I have a 622 and was able to get the $5/mo fee waived upon sign-up in April '07.

I had to speak with a supervisor and then contact the CEO email account to get it resolved. But I presented the info that I did not have a home land line, and as such I should not be charged the monthly fee.

5. AlexT

AlexT Cool Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Are there any advantages to connecting a VIP622 to ethernet?

Can the DVR be programmed/managed remotely via the internet?

6. snowcat

snowcat Legend

May 29, 2007
    One advantage is that you don't need a phone line, which is why I have mine hooked up this way. I think you also have to have it to download movies using DishOnline service.

You can't do anything to the DVR remotely, unfortunately.

7. reddice

reddice Godfather

Feb 18, 2003
    I have my VIP612 hooked up using Ethernet from my cable modem. Does this mean that I don't have to have a phone line connected then?

8. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    yes

9. snowcat

snowcat Legend

May 29, 2007
    After seeing another thread here, I am changing my answer to "in the near future".

http://www.dishonline.com/mydvr.pdf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.