1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phone line for PPV

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by kenw102, May 22, 2012.

1. kenw102

kenw102 New Member

Dec 2, 2011
    I apologize if this question has been asked before. Is a phone line connection required for PPV billing, or does an Internet connection suffice? I realize that the TOS requires a phone line -- I am just looking for the technical answer. Thanks in advance.

Moderator: I just realized that this post should be in "general discussion". I cannot find a way to delete or move it. I'm sure that I don't really need to say this because you already know, but please feel free to move or delete this thread.

2. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    An internet connection will do. The phone line isn't needed if you have internet connected.

Moved. :)

3. kenw102

kenw102 New Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Thanks Scott

4. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    Actually, the new Customer Agreement allows for either a phone line or an internet connection.

A phone line is no longer a requirement so long as you have an internet connection...which you need for On Demand/DIRECTV Cinema anyway. :)

Mike

5. Xsabresx

Xsabresx Icon

Oct 8, 2007
    There's a Customer Agreement joke in there somewhere. :D

6. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    No Joke. It clears up an oft asked question. :)

Mike

7. THX

THX Legend

Aug 5, 2004
    What if you have an Internet connection and when you go to try to order a PPV it says you must have a broadband connection (even though you already have one)?

8. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    What is the exact message that comes up and when/where does it come up? Also, what is your current setup?

- Merg

9. Combat Medic

Combat Medic Legend

Jul 27, 2007
    What does the receiver say when you test the internet connection?