1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Pics of how a Broadband deca is suppose to be connected??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by KCJC10, Dec 21, 2012.

1. KCJC10

KCJC10 New Member

Dec 7, 2012
    Does anyone have pics of how a Broadband Deca is suppose to be connected? I have seen the line coming from the dish going to a splitter and one line going to the receiver and one to the Broadband Deca but does the ethernet from the Broadband Deca go to the receiver or to the router? I know the Receiver Deca goes in line with the coax cable to the receiver and the ethernet cord goes to the receiver but the Broadband Deca has me confused on connecting it properly! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. FlyingDiver

FlyingDiver All Star/Supporter

Dec 3, 2002
    On the road...
    The ethernet connection on the CCK (aka broadband DECA) goes to the router. If the receiver doesn't have a built-in DECA, then there will be another DECA on that side of the splitter.

There's really no difference between what you call a broadband DECA and a receiver DECA. The DECA used for connecting to your router has a power supply that connects to the IRD (receiver) port. Both of them have cable ports that need to connect to the SWM, and both have ethernet ports.

The Wireless DECA is a different beast.

3. KCJC10

KCJC10 New Member

Dec 7, 2012
    So your saying that the short blue ethernet cable that comes with the Deca doesnt actually go from the Deca to the receiver? I'm just confused on why there are 2 ethernet ports on the receiver but they arent being used?

4. FlyingDiver

Dec 3, 2002
    On the road...
    What model receivers do you have? And how many DECA adapters do you have? And do you have a Wireless CCK or something else?

5. acer

acer Duplicate User (Account Closed)

Dec 13, 2012
    The way it connects is the following:

Connect Coax Cable to Broadband Deca CCK
    Connect the other end of the coax cable to your SWM Splitter where the other sattelite cables all connect to.
    Connect the Blue Ethernet Cable to the CCK and a wireless router.
    I did the install myself. It is may be a pain in the ass installing if you don't have training from DTV on installing it as I received. Here are some pictures: The CCK and the router: http://tinypic.com/r/2ed4eiv/6 The white coax cable is going to the SWM Splitter which looks like: http://forums.directv.com/pe/RepositoryFileDownloadServlet/10913514/SWM Splitter 8 way and the blue ethernet cable is going to the wireless router. The red tip on that splitter is connecting to the SWM power inserter btw. Be careful not to get shocked as the swm splitter has a live electrical current going to it from the power inserter that is plugged into an electrical outlet. Some customers I came across have no idea where their splitter is located, if you are one of them you are better off getting a service tech to do it. Also if you are one of the customers where the installer was silly using a 3 way instead of a 6 way splitter you need them to come out as their isn't going to be anywhere for the coax to go to and you need an installer to come out and upgrade the splitter.

6. FlyingDiver

Dec 3, 2002
    On the road...
    Clarification - connect the blue ethernet cable to the CCK and your network. Doesn't have to be the router directly, and the router doesn't have to have wireless. You just need to connect that ethernet to your LAN somehow. I have mine connected to an ethernet switch in the equipment cabinet, and the switch is connected to the router via an ethernet run.