1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

picture doesn't return after wakeup from inactivity

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by jpk, Feb 18, 2009.

1. jpk

jpk Mentor

Nov 5, 2008
    Both our ViP612s are running 6.02 and seem generally happy.

However a new bug has emerged. We power up a TV, see the screensaver, push the select button, and every so often the sound returns but not the picture.

We can change channels; probably everything on the remote works, in fact, except without picture it's hard to verify. But if you key in another channel, you get the sound from that channel; the tuner has tuned to that channel. Just no picture. Only sound. You could say the TV is now a radio.

Only way to get out of this is rebooting the DVR. Of course losing our current recordings and imposing a several minute wait; not acceptable.

Dish tech support (while generally excellent) has nothing here. Not a known problem, no known fix in the works, no workaround for the customer short of rebooting.

Has anyone else seen this? Any workaround?

2. Big C

Big C New Member

Aug 10, 2008
    I saw the same problem this morning on our 222. It worked it self out but with out a reboot, but since this was only second occurrence of this glitch in six months, I got nothing.

3. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    My 722 gave me the same problem last night when starting a recording of Dollhouse. It took me three tries, but "turning off" with the remote and restarting the recording took care of it. I've never seen this before and haven't seen it with my 612, yet....