1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picture Freezing

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by NewForceFiveFan, Feb 1, 2011.

1. NewForceFiveFan

NewForceFiveFan Legend

Apr 23, 2010
    On my HR24-500 dvr the picture is freezing while the audio keeps going. This is happening randomly on different channels and it takes changing channels to fix it. I'm not having this problem on the H24-100 receiver in kitchen. I'm guessing this is caused by water seepage at the 8-port SWM, which is outside and we've gotten like three snowstorms in the past couple weeks. The SWM power supply is inline with the HR24. The unused ports on the SWM came capped with rubber seals.

2. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    Have you tried restarting the receiver?

3. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Also, the H24/HR24's seem to be very picky with their signal strength. And even if one is working fine the other can have problems.

As for your SWM, the SWM8 really only has two outputs from which you would then attach a splitter. Is your 8 port SWM outside a splitter or the SWM8? Is there one line from the dish to this splitter or 4 lines? One line would mean this is a splitter. If there are 4 lines from your dish, then you have a SWM8.

- Merg

4. NewForceFiveFan

NewForceFiveFan Legend

Apr 23, 2010
    Thinking about it I'm now I'm not even sure what type of SWM I have. Let me take a look at it when I get home from work. I'll try and take a picture of it and the wiring and include it if I can with my next reply.

I'm almost 100 percent positive there's only 1 wire coming down from the dish. Not sure how many wires are on the feedhorn itself as I can't get up onto roof to see what installer did up there.

5. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    One wire from the dish means SWM LNB.