1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Picture goes black for a second, 1-2 times every 30 minutes

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by chet8888, Jul 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chet8888

chet8888 New Member

Feb 7, 2007
    I recently moved and did the transfer of boxes with Directv. In the new setup, I'm getting the same good signal, and HD picture quality is great. But I've noticed this annoying freeze to black screen for a second. It takes a while into a new viewing (from turning it off the night before) for it to happen the first time- -to the point I start to think-- maybe it won't do it today, and then it does. Sometimes (although not as often) it is accompanied with a slight pixelation or green bottom half screen. I would think it was a signal issue perhaps, but none of the other non HD dvrs seem to be having the issue.

thanks for any thoughts.

PS- -upon initial setup, I had to red button reset it once because it didn't boot completely on initial plug in, and then a second time because it hung during guided setup (which I had to run to get the 2nd tuner recognized).

2. TriggerDeems

TriggerDeems Godfather

Mar 1, 2007
    If it is only on ESPN HD, then we are all experiencing it.

3. LR308er

LR308er Duplicate User (Account Closed)

Jun 27, 2007
  4. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    If it's not on ESPNHD, check your signal strengths. Let us know what channel it is on.

5. chet8888

chet8888 New Member

Feb 7, 2007
    It's only on ESPN, but that's all I've really watched so far in HD (too busy unpacking boxes).

the weird thing is that I didn't notice it at my other house, only a few weeks ago. I would have thought that I would have noticed it then as well, if it is a ESPN to Dtv problem.

It sounds like from the other thread that they know of the problem and are working on it.

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.