1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picture HR24 vs HR34 rec issue

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Kerry, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Kerry

Kerry Mentor

Jul 17, 2008
    My 24 may have been bad but the 34 has an outstanding pix quailty.
    I was very concerned,my 24 had smeary back grounds like they were trying to hide the digital noise that u see sometimes. The 34 is more like the 21 I still have. What a pleasure to be able to record with out stressing over pirority in the list and having to juggle beteen 2 recivers and still not having enough tunners to record everything. This unit is fast and responsive so far and pix qualty is a near 10 for me. Still a little blockey at times but also near blueray sometimes as well.
    One issue of course is being worked out was missing recordings. Sometimes doing a menu reset would show that a missed recording was pending and would interupet although the program was past. It booted with the old software and when I did a reset the first time it did the software update,
    So I did a complete reset everything reformat the drive since they were not any programs I had not watched. So far after the complete reset no missed recordings, I am keeping a close eye but Love this reciver.
    Thanks Directv for the great deal and the great reciver.:D