1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picture loss with component video

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by princev911, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. princev911

princev911 New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Hey guys,
    Maybe somebody can give me some advice on this before I try to return the unit. I'm using component video cables with my VIP622 and the picture has been dropping out on me for a few seconds at a time, especially when I'm watching prerecorded programming. Basically the television will show its default no input screen, but I still have audio. It's not the cable since I can rewind to the same dropout point over and over. Are there any software upgrades/etc before I box the pile up and send it back to DN? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    John

2. thefunks67

thefunks67 Godfather

Feb 4, 2007
    John,

I have been using component with my 622 for 6 months and never experienced the issues you are having.

Just a data point.

-Funk

3. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    :welcome_s John,

Have you tried another pair of component cables? Perhaps you have a bad cable. Also I would try changing the output resolution of the 622 and see if that makes a difference. Long shots but steps I would do to try to fully classify the isssue.

How long has the unit been in service? If recent, you might just have gotten a bad unit.

I have component hook up on my 2nd set and it is rock solid.

4. teachsac

teachsac Legend

Jun 10, 2006
    Hi and welcome,

Since you say you have 4.09 a few questions.

Was this happening before the update?

Since you say it is happening on prerecorded programming, is it on all dvr'd events or just certain channels. Many of us are having problems with our recorded HD locals since the update.

S~

5. princev911

princev911 New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Hey guys,
    Thanks for the advice. I've had the unit for about 2 weeks with no problems until the last few days. As far as I can tell the picture loss is happening on all channels, not just HD. I'll try changing the resolution output on the receiver and the cables just to be sure, hopefully it helps. Either I"m in the room more when it's happening or it's getting worse :( If not DN is getting a call tomorrow.
    John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.