1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picture quality on ABC Portland, OR

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by harmil2, Jan 16, 2010.

1. harmil2

harmil2 Mentor

Nov 22, 2003
    I hope this is the right thread for this. I have a great picture on my directv hd locals from Portland, Oregon with the exception of abc. Shows such as Grey's Anatomy, the Practice seem very dark. Beyond what I would expect from any natural differences. Thought the bulb in my new projector was going out until I changed to other hd directv sources and they all were great. Other Portland local channels come in fine and normal brightness as are all othe directv hd programs. I am on the Oregon coast so OTA is not an option. It is to the point my wife is complaining. Anyone else experience this on ABC out of Portland, OR on Directv?

2. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    Many programs are filmed in this manner, I don't think that the broadcast, or rebroadcast, would have any effect, nor the network showing it.

3. harmil2

harmil2 Mentor

Nov 22, 2003
    Davring,

I appreciate your response but I have a hard time believing the network would deliberately produce what we are watching on the local ABC shows. Also noticed the network commercials look fine. It is just the actual network show material. Don't think this is a Directv problem. Maybe they use dark shadows as the network just doesn't want us to notice the star's aging faces.

4. Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
    FWIW, I haven't noticed any better/worse picture on KATU since I got HD a year ago. It seems comparable to the other local HD channels as far as brightness.