1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picture Quality

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by MarkA, Mar 23, 2002.

1. MarkA

MarkA God Bless America! DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002

2. Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski Banned User

Mar 21, 2002
    Aww what happened to Gummy? (You can use any name you want here) :)

I want a new TV Tuner Card for my Bedroom PC, it has an ATI All In Wonder Pro in it now (Its a marridge saver! If my wife wants to watch her show she can on the big TV, while I watch mine on the 19 computer screen with headphones or a pillow speaker.

I want a new card though, I want one that has PVR functions and can do HDTV. But I want one that can control my satellite receiver so I can do unatended recordings.

Scott

3. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Mark, just curious, whats the size of you mon. and what rez are you running it at?

4. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Whats your current sound card? I have a 4 channel Creative SB Live 2000, I would really,really like the SB 5.1. But then I guess Id have to upgrade my Klipsch 4.1 to 5.1 :D

5. John Corn

John Corn Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    I like Mark better. :)

6. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Mark - I absolutely love my new Audiophile 24/96 card for sound quality. I played with the santa cruz for a little while, and the 24/96 just sounds better to me for what I use it for - dvds and cds. It can't touch the santa cruz, though for games, and it was $100 more than the santa cruz.

Scott - what you want is a pipe dream at this point, my friend. Currently there are only 3 HD tuner cards on the market, and none of them offer pvr fuctions. I picked up the Tellman Hipix DTV-200 card over the AccessDTV and Wintv-HD cards because Tellman has outsourced the code and there are a number of people at avsforums working on it now. The hipix and accessdtv may at some point down the road offer limited pvr functions, but they're not there yet, unfortunately. But at least I can record the HD stream with my hipix for viewing later and commercial skipping. That's pretty cool!

7. John Corn

John Corn Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Mark, I bought this one about 4 months ago, it was cheap.

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Creative Audigy Audio Processor
    Supports Dolby Digital 5.1 Encoding
    Super High Quality 100dB Signal to Noise Ratio
    Supports Digital DIN speakers, Dual Audio Line Out
    Includes Digital Music Encoding Sofware and PlayCenter 3
    Includes High-Speed Gold Plated Firewire Port on Card