1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Pilots for 13/14 Season

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by mreposter, Mar 26, 2013.

1. mreposter

mreposter Hall Of Fame

Jul 29, 2006
    The networks are working on their pilots for the 13/14 season and Deadline Hollywood has the early news on all the shows being considered.

These shows are all in the very earliest stages of development and some won't even make it to the stage of recording a pilot, let alone make it to the air, but the information gives you a good idea of the types of shows the networks are looking at for next fall. For example, there are several shows that sound like Once Upon a Time knockoffs including Sleepy Hollow at Fox and a twist on Alice in Wonderland at NBC.

Oh, and there's an Ironsides reboot with Blair Underwood in the wheelchair. Sounds awkward.

Check it out here.

2. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    Wow, some real stinkers in there. I haven't finished going through it yet and I'm already not looking forward to next season.

A show based on one of Disney's roller coasters? Come on ABC...

And who puts one of the best comedians of all time, Robin Williams, with one of the worst actresses of all time, Sarah Michelle Gellar? Come on CBS...

Just how many divorced single parent shows can we have? I guess we're gonna find out.

I see a recurring theme... "based on UK series"... AKA "Dumbed down for Americans".

3. renbutler

renbutler Godfather

Oct 17, 2008
    Comedy seems to have left Robin Williams behind (IMO), but he has really found a niche as a dramatic actor in the last 15 years or so.

I would much rather see him in a drama these days.

4. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    That all is a side-effect of the following:

- Reality TV Show's being cheaper to produce
    - Need for instant raitings/hit status, no tollerance to give a show a half season, or full season... to tweek and retool
    - Pre-Reviews of shows, and the hoopla around it... killing it before the first episode ever airs.

There have been dozens of shows over the last many years, that were axed with less than 6 episodes aired that could have been something.

5. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    After looking at just the 5 broadcast networks and realizing I'm not in the CW's target demo (I'm approaching 70), I can't help but think that their upcoming shows, if they happen, are more in tune with what I would want to watch.

6. mreposter

mreposter Hall Of Fame

Jul 29, 2006
    And for mid-season I hear they're working on an adaption of Steamboat Willy as a star vehicle for Michael Chiklis. ;)

7. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    That would be right on par. :lol:

What about "It's a Small World" with Bronson Pinchot, George Lopez, Kelly Hu and Dalip Singh? Picture this... They're all on a plane that crashes on a mysterious island in the Pacific. The island is controlled by Elya Baskin and they are all forced to sing an annoying song over and over.

8. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    This new show sounds bad, except the writer/Exec Producer is David E. Kelly. So this show might have some potential.

9. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Went straight to CW for my SciFi and found . . . .

THE 100
    OXYGEN
    THE SELECTION
    THE TOMORROW PEOPLE​