1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

ping Phrelin

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Church AV Guy, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Godfather

Jul 9, 2007
    Hey, Phrelin are you going to start up with the ratings threads again now that the new season is well upon us? I really liked what you did last year, and I also got a lot out of your explanations and ruminations on the raw numbers.

We have alread had our first cancellation of the new season, and you hadn't warned us to expect it! :)

2. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    My favorite TV show cancellation story pertains to the 1979 sit-com, Makin' it, starring David Naughton. It got cancelled before its theme song even had time to drop out of the Top 40.

3. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    Phrelin has been recruited into fulfilling a temporary government type job that has kept him away from DBSTalk. He was pretty stressed when I talked to him last.

4. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    You mean, he got a life? Oh, the humanity!

5. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........ DBSTalk Club

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    CIA?

6. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Well, since Supramom2000 and Nick PM'd me and now Church AV Guy started this thread, I guess I'll admit to temporarily "getting a life" of sorts.

I was asked to serve as Interim Manager of my local community government where I had worked years ago.

We kept our house here in the redwoods to retire to, which we did over ten years ago. I had tried to keep my head down. We were enjoying our retirement when I was asked. I had a patriotic community service moment and over my wife's expressed concerns about my well being, I said yes.

Supramom2000 is correct about the stress. I'm not even used to getting up in the morning before 8:00 am, much less dealing with politics at breakfast.

So, I won't be doing the ratings until Winter season. Right now I must do spreadsheets on money and other silly stuff instead. But my commitment supposedly ends December 31.

If anyone here knows of someone with a background in local government management who is looking for a challenging career opportunity, have them check out the recruiting information at this web site.

7. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Mods, perhaps this thread should be moved to Forum Support.

8. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Godfather

Jul 9, 2007
    Well clearly, you are in charge of your own life, so don't take my post as putting pressure on you. Thanks for the explanation. I'll just repeat what I said above, I really liked the information you posted, and the format you used, AND the analysis you did on the data. I'll be looking forward to when you have the time to pick it up again.

Lay off the stress, it isn't good for you or anyone.