1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pink screen with audio drop out

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by packerfan31, Dec 20, 2008.

1. packerfan31

packerfan31 AllStar

Oct 14, 2008
    I live in Madison Wisconsin, while watching local NBC 15. The screen turned pink and lost audio. I changed channels and then came back to it and picture came back. Anyone else have this issue.

2. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    I have noticed that once in a while I get a yellow screen with no audio when watching my locals.
    Maybe the pink screen is just for Packer fans. :)
    Just kidding.

3. dougmcbride

dougmcbride AllStar

Apr 17, 2005
    I've seen this happen if Dish is using an antenna to pick up the local and then uplinking it to the Sat if there is a problem with the local's OTA broadcast. I've got both Dish and OTA access to locals and have been able to see the issue with the local OTA when the Sat broadcast is whacked (I've seen pink and green both).

4. pboyer

pboyer New Member

Aug 27, 2013
    helena
    I have a sporatic problem with the picture being pink and green when I turn on the tv rather than regular colors and sometimes no audio. When I turn the tv off and then on again sometimes it doesn't have this problem but sometimes it still has the problem

5. Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Feb 1, 2011
    [SIZE=10pt]Pboyer,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=10pt]What type of DISH receiver are you using, SD or HD? Will this happen on all channels or a few? What type of connections do you have going from the TV to the DISH receiver? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=10pt]Thanks[/SIZE]

6. russ9

russ9 Godfather

Jan 28, 2004
    I've had that happen a few times on a 722k, green tinged screen. I have my receiver off and on (722K -> Receiver -> TV. My guess it's a hdmi handshake glitch.

7. Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Feb 1, 2011
    [SIZE=medium]Russ9, [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=medium]Are you having the issue with the green tinged screen right now? Do you have any other DISH receivers in the home having this issue? Do you have any other devices connected (Blu-Ray or DVD player) that would have the same connections as you do to the 722k? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=medium]Thanks[/SIZE]