1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Pioneer Elite Dialog Settings

Discussion in 'Home Theater Audio' started by John Silver, Jun 22, 2013.

1. John Silver

John Silver New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Every time I power up my VSX-53, in order to hear dialog, I must adjust "Dialog Enhance" using my Android's VSX Remote app or the iControlAV2 app.

I'm using Advanced MCACC, subwoofer, all speakers to small with a 100 hz crossover and the sound is great, except for the dialog, which is too low to hear.

After adjusting with either of the apps mentioned above, all is well but the setting goes back to neutral when the receiver's power is cycled. Anyone know of a way to permanently adjust Dialog Enhance?

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
  3. John Silver

John Silver New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Thank you Jimmie. It appears it is only adjustable from the remote control when you're in specific sound settings (THX, Pro Logic, Etc.) but not many at all. Also, it requires front height speakers to be installed. I told it I did, and adjusted the Dialog, but unfortunately, in all cases, it resets when power is cycled.

4. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Sorry that it did not work.
    Just a thought,
    Have you checked to see if there is a firmware update for the receiver and installed it ?

5. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Take a look at page 51 at the C Image and C Width and see if they will get you where you want to go.
    You might try the C Width set to Zero and / or the C Image set to Ten.