1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Pioneer receiver in auto surround mode looses dialog

Discussion in 'Home Theater Audio' started by melkins, Mar 22, 2007.

1. melkins

melkins Cool Member

Oct 20, 2005
    I am using a Pioneer VSX-816 reveiver. I have my DVD player and my satellite box both hooked up to the digital inputs on the receiver. You are suppose to be able to leave the receiver on Auto-surround mode all the time. Many times during TV playback AND DVD playback, I will loose the dialog portion of the sound. All other sound is heard just fine. If I take the receiver out of the auto surround mode the dialog then comes back but then you are in manual mode and you get either stereo sound only or the same sound coming from all the speakers except the cenetr channel speaker. I have used two seperate receivers and it does this on both of them. I spoke with pioneer and thought that the doldy digital chip may be bad and they replaced it on one of them but I am still having the same problem. Is is possible that the chip could actually be bad on both reveiver and the replacement part too? I am really at a loss here especially since it does not to it all the time.

2. Race_Bannon

Race_Bannon Cool Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Reviewing the receivers specifications online - It appears that this receiver is 7.1 DD compatible. What configuration do you have it connected in?