1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pitcure format on HD OTA

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by eichenberg, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eichenberg

eichenberg Legend

Apr 3, 2003
    Hi all, I am new to the 622. Came over from Direct TV. We got it installed about 2 weeks ago and have had no problems up until last night. While watching a recorded HD OTA program (Bones) after ff through commericals, and returning to the program the picture format looked as if it was being zoomed in. Actors faces would take up the whole screen. It never returned to normal. I ended up pressing the stop button and exiting out of the recorded program and watching live then going immediatly back in and resumed watching the recorded program. When I would resume the picture was back to a normal picture. This happened a couple of times and each time I would stop o to live tv and then resume playback and it would be fixed. It also, would only happen after ff through commericals. If I left it play through a commercial it was fine. I watched a recorded show just prior to that and it was fine with that one. Did not watch anything after Bones though to see if it happened again. Any idea what is going on?

2. loves2watch

loves2watch Mentor

Mar 27, 2006
    Have you tried skipping (using the skip forward/skip back buttons on the remote) commercials rather than just fast forwarding through them? Do you have a TIVO or anything else connected through the TV line from the antenna?

3. eichenberg

eichenberg Legend

Apr 3, 2003
    Nothing else connected. Straight from the antenna to the 622. As far as the skipping feature, I am using a Harmony 670 remote and can not figure out how to get the skipping to work so we just use the ff button.

4. sNEIRBO

sNEIRBO Icon

Jul 23, 2006
    Sounds like some of the commands are not setup correctly on the Harmony Remote. The FF might be triggering a zoom function. Try running the 622 for a couple of nights using the provided DISH Network remote and see if it continues.

I have a Harmony Xbox remote that controls my entire system . . . well almost my entire system . . . for some reason I can't it to do what it's supposed to with my Yamaha Receiver. You might try updating the remote too, just to make sure it's got the last command list from Logitech.

5. loves2watch

loves2watch Mentor

Mar 27, 2006
    I use a harmony 659 remote (which is pretty much the same) as well. I did have to customize it though so that the skip fwd and skip back were on buttons that I assigned. If you are unsure how to do this, call harmony remote technical support and they will be glad to help you.

6. eichenberg

eichenberg Legend

Apr 3, 2003
    I will have to call support becuase I have tried to "train" the 670 and i get a message that those features are not learnable.

7. gizmotoy

gizmotoy Cool Member

Apr 19, 2007
    You shouldn't need to learn those commands. I have the Harmony 550, but the device database is the same across all their remotes. I just set the Skip Forward and Skip Backwards DVD chapter controls to PVR - Replay, and PVR - Advance in my Watch TV activity. You may have not realized those functions were already there as for some reason they're not named as they are on the original remote.

Replay is, of course, skip back, and Advance skips forward.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.