1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pittsburgh HD locals (@99W) on spotbeam?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by view9234, Aug 14, 2011.

1. view9234

view9234 New Member

Aug 14, 2011
    I have looked everywhere for a spotbeam footprint of Pittsburgh's HD channels on D11 (@99W) but can't find them (only a spotbeam map for the sd channels @101W). Does this mean the HD channels are on a CONUS feed? If not, is there anyway to determine how big the spotbeam footprint would be?

I'll be on a camping trip this fall and am wondering if I'd be able to pick up my Pittburgh locals in the Berkshire mountains (western MA), or if I'd have to change service address (which I'm not sure I can do, because I'll only be there for two weeks--plus, I'd much rather get my local news & sports!).

I appreciate any help and I promise that I've looked before posting, but I can't seem to find any info on spotbeams on D11 (@99W), outside of Minneapolis, NYC & Santa Fe.

Thanks everyone!!! :)

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
  3. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    Other than a few representative examples, there aren't any actual spot-beam maps available for DIRECTV-10 and 11 since the FCC's database system was not capable accommodating the large amount of data at the time of their filing as explained in the link posted by litzdog911.

However, thankfully the FCC has since updated their database filing system so there is a full set of spot-beam data on file for DIRECTV-12 who's spot-beam payload is identical to D10 and 11.

From the aforementioned link;

Therefore, you can estimate the spot-beam coverage for local markets on DIRECTV-11 like Pittsburgh by extrapolating from DIRECTV-12's nearest spot-beam located about 200 mi. to the southwest of your city.

4. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    PGH locals are on 99 and i would highly doubt you will pick those up in MA