1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pittsburgh, PA, locals query

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by l'Aucherie, Feb 17, 2013.

1. l'Aucherie

l'Aucherie Cool Member

May 8, 2010
    I see from James Long's list that Pittsburgh gets HD locals from 61.5 and 129 on spotbeams. Mindful that Dish is rearranging/adding locals at 61.5 with the addition E16 at that location as part of its final EA configuration, is there any reason to expect that the Pittsburgh HD locals will remain on 129 as well? The reason I ask is that with summer coming I expect to have vegetation problems with 61.5 and 129 would be my solution, if I could rely on my locals being there long term.

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Based on your profile location, "RI", your locals would be available from the 61.5 satellite. If you are in the Pittsburgh market I would not expect those HD locals to leave 129 10s26 ... such a move would require changing over any subscribers in the Pittsburgh market to Eastern Arc so they could receive 61.5 29s30. There would need to be a benefit to such a move.

With the choice of Western Arc or Eastern Arc people in Pittsburgh are fortunate to have options to get around foliage and other line of sight problems.

3. l'Aucherie

l'Aucherie Cool Member

May 8, 2010
    Thanks, James, kind of what I thought i.e. a complete swap over to 61.5 will take a considerable amount of time in this area given that most dishes I see are pointed at the WA. Yeah, I need to update my profile as I am no longer in RI.

4. SDWC

SDWC AllStar

Dec 14, 2005
    I am in Pittsburgh and have been on 110/119/129 for many years.

5. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    I'm in Cleveland, another market with both 61.5 & 129 locals. I wanted to go eastern arc but was talked out of it because some of my SD "big 4" locals are only on the WA (not that it mattered, I never watch the SD versions anyway).