1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pixelation on "Dancing with the Stars"

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by delkins, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delkins

delkins Mentor

Dec 15, 2003
    Has anyone else noticed an inordinate amount of pixelation (I don't know what else to describe it) when watching this show in HD.

2. Cokeswigga

Cokeswigga Legend

Jan 25, 2005

Yes I noticed it too.. it was very bad... and my girlfriend was cursing dish and threatening to cancel it.

She blames me everytime it pixelates :mad:

3. Twodozz

Twodozz New Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Live shows (including sports) are compressed on the fly with real time encoding equipment. Plus they really pump the color saturation on that show which really pushes the encoders.

Pre-recorded programming and movies, especially in prime-time, are tweaked scene-by-scene and even shot-by-shot by compression "artists" who work for days or weeks optimizing the compression.

4. DANKEL

DANKEL New Member

Apr 9, 2007
    YEA WE'VE BEEN HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM. I AM WORKING WITH A NEW INSTALL 3 WEEKS OLD. SO FAR THE INSTALLERS HAVE BEEN OUT TO THE HOUSE FIVE TIMES(YEA THIS SUCKS) AND HAVE REPLACED THE 622 TWICE. ALSO HAVE REPLACED THE LNBS AND THE SWITCH. SOME PROBLEMS HAVE BEEN TRACED TO BAD WIRES AND SPLICES BUT THE 622 HAS A FRESH DROP FROM THE ROOF.

THE INSTALLER SAID THAT THERE IS A GOOD SIGNAL FROM THE DISH AND THAT SOME PIXELATION CAN HAPPEN ON THE LOCAL CHANNELS IN HIGH DEF. BUT THATS NOT WHAT I'M PAYING FOR.

AND CHANNEL SEVEN THIS MORNING BROKE UP AGAIN NOT HAPPY AT ALL:nono2:

5. signem

signem New Member

Apr 12, 2007
    Ever since I got my 622, I had pixelation problems with the local ABC HD channel. The other locals were ok most of the time.

I changed the settings to enable me to get my locals in either HD or SD. So, now I generally watch the SD channels. I think the signal for my HD lnb is not as strong as the other 2 LNBs on my Dish 1000. And, in addition to that, the ABC affiliate probably has equipment issues since NBC, CBS and FOX are much better.

6. DANKEL

DANKEL New Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Well this is more than just a local channel issue. Since my orignial thread I have had several pixeliation issues on several different channels. I have seen it on even my SD locals. On Thurs I moved my 622 to a different location in my home using a different drop from the roof. Still the same problem. I installed a 322 at the other location and hooked-up a Tivo to it so that I could see if the pixelation problem happens at the same times on the same channels. So far this grand experement has had bad results for the 622. I still get pixelations on the 622! I called Dish this morning (not the installers) to find out if I am "considered a fringe area" (I am not) I read some other threads and I am thinking this is a problem that will not go away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.