1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pixelation problem with TBS HD

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by packerfan31, Oct 19, 2008.

1. packerfan31

packerfan31 AllStar

Oct 14, 2008
    Anybody else have a little pixelation picture problem while watching TBS HD. It did it a little while watching the Sox and the Ray's. It only does it once in a while and only for a second at a time. I am getting TBS HD off of the 129 satalite position.

Thanks

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    If it is infrequent and only lasts a second or two, this could be the normal pixelizing many of us see from the 129 location. Mine is better than some because I usually have a solid signal but if the sky is a little cloudy all bets are off.

3. mikeap

mikeap Mentor

Jun 17, 2007
    Yes I am having it too. Not sure if it is 129 related, but the fact that the 129 has this problem, even if it is not the cause this time, is such a blight on Dish. And they all deny that it exists. Or they tell you to get a wing dish, lame.
    Sure wish they could just get their act together and get satellites properly clustered, and not put the channels people watch the most or most of the HD on 129.

If anyone has any info on what is causing the pixelation, it would help. I don't think it is compression/motion blur for a 1080i over-compressed signal because it happens on non fast moving images too.

Although I can't remember seeing the pixelation on commercials, but I do try to avoid looking at them when watching live.

4. avman7

avman7 New Member

Oct 18, 2008
    I don't watch TBS much, but tonight's Game7 PQ was horrible!

I thought it was my connection problem, but it sounds like many people had
    same experiences.

WS will be on Fox, and I hope PQ will be better than TBS.

5. Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser Hall Of Fame Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2005
    I saw the issues here as well. I have issues with 129, but these pixelation and motion artifacts issues were almost constant tonight. The 129 signal drop issues only affect my pictures about once an hour, in those cases I actually lost the entire signal for about 2-3 minutes each time.

6. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    Count me in on the group.. I had about 15 to 20 instances of the issues.

7. lujan

lujan Hall Of Fame

Feb 10, 2004
    I think this might have been happening everywhere from 129. I had recorded "True Blood" earlier in the evening at around 7:00 MDT and by 9:00 I was getting the "Signal Acquisition Lost" on the screen. I had to do a soft reboot to get things working again.

8. DAG

DAG Legend

Feb 7, 2006
    i get it on 61.5. maybe it's the feed..

9. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    If you were recording from HBOHD, then that would be a different problem since HBOHD is on the 110 location. If you were recording from HBOW or one of the newer additions, then that might be related.

10. bartendress

bartendress Godfather

Oct 8, 2007
    It wasn't an issue with 129 during ALCS Game 7 last night. , it was the TBS feed. The on-screen graphics were not affected in any way.

11. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    I recall one of the playoff games was delayed 10 or 20 minutes due to technical difficulties in Atlanta.