1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Pixelation with playback on HR44

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by krfuquamd, Jul 16, 2013.

1. krfuquamd

krfuquamd New Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Greenwood SC
    I just had the Genie installed at my home to go along with 3 other HDDVR's and 3 non-DVR HD receivers. I have noticed frequent pixelation of the picture when watching programming recorded on one of the other DVR's and watched via the Genie. It appears that shows recorded by the Genie and watched on the Genie are fine as best as I can tell. Anybody experience this or have thoughts on the reason? Thanks. Have not had problems with pixelation via any other DVR pre or post Genie.

2. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    If it was installed today, give it 12+ hours or so, it's busy downloading the schedule, indexing and other housekeeping after a fresh boot (and probably new download).

3. krfuquamd

krfuquamd New Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Greenwood SC
    It was installed on July 4th and I have noticed the problem from the outset. Sometimes worse than other times.

4. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    I'd try swapping the location of the 44 and see if the pix problem moves or stays at the location. You might find a bad connector or cable.

I'm assuming all dvrs are connected via the DECA cloud (coax).

5. keebler21

keebler21 Mentor

Oct 22, 2011
    Minnesota
    I have an HR34... been having pixelation problems for the last week or so... Last week I posted to the issues board. Thought it was maybe my tv going bad then it was fine over the weekend all of a sudden. Then yesterday it was looking pixelated again...