1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pixellation since MRV

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jackdinla, Aug 24, 2010.

1. jackdinla

jackdinla Cool Member

Jun 3, 2008
    I recently had MRV installed. My living room TV with my 4 year old DVR (HR21) has started experiencing pixellation and brief flashes on screen of the 771 searching....message. When it happened last night, I went to the bedroom TV (HR22 just installed) because I knew it was on the same channel. I played back the part of the show and there was no pixellation at the same point in the broadcast. This happens on both live viewing and recorded broadcasts. My signal strengths are fine, but a problem wouldnt show up since these are brief interruptions of the signal at random times. Am I experiencing a DVR problem or could it be a problem with the MRV install?

2. armchair

armchair Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2009
    Check your coax connectors; they may be loose (they only need to be slightly tighter than hand-tight so be careful with the righty-tighty part). Any unused ports on splitter or PI s/b terminated.

There have been odd reported issues with HR21s but since you're getting the 771 message, I'd suspect something is loose or dish not properly aligned.

When you press (Dash -) button on remote, do you get SWiM connected message? Make sure you have no B Band Converters connected.

3. jackdinla

jackdinla Cool Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Thanks for your response. Yes, I get the SWM connected message when I press the dash. All connections are tight and there are no BBC's. If it were an alignment problem, wouldnt both TV's be affected? I am not having any problem with the bedroom TV. As I said, it is an intermittant problem that only lasts a short time, but it occurs several times a week on both my local stations and also on TNT, USA, SyFy, etc.

4. armchair

armchair Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2009
    Try re-running satellite setup on the HR21. If you get any voltage failures indicated by a X, it's an indication that the dish may need a re-peak with the preferred meter.

What f/w rev does the HR21 have?