1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pizza shop...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by kevinm34232, Oct 16, 2008.

1. kevinm34232

kevinm34232 Legend

Apr 29, 2008
    I walked into a pizzeria, and the owner asked me about getting DTV there. He has a dish outside from the last tenant in the store, and the old receivers, but he doesn't have a DTV account. Can he just go to Best Buy and get a receiver? How does the account info work, will he have to set it up at Best Buy and have an install scheduled? He was also interested in getting a channel called RIA, Italian international channel I think, is that available with the international dish?

2. TigersFanJJ

TigersFanJJ Hall Of Fame

Feb 17, 2006
    No he can't get one at Best Buy. He will have to contact a commercial dealer or Directv about getting a commercial account set up. The cost will be higher than a regular residential account.

3. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    More information here.

4. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    With any provider, commercial accounts are more expensive, and even more so if the TVs are viewable by customers. Charges for "public" commercial accounts are based on the room capacity and the channels ordered. Some channels are not available to commercial accounts.

Also, there is no free install or free equipment with commercial accounts; customers must buy all the equipment (to own) upfront and pay for the installation. Once activated, they are NOT under a commitment and may cancel at any time. Only certain retailers can handle commercial accounts.

5. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    Don't most commercial sites also use the Alaska/Hawaii dish?

6. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    NO! Standard equipment is perfectly fine.

7. Grentz

Grentz New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Might look into Dish as well. Commercial accounts are one sector that, at least at the time I was looking for my company a few years ago, Dish had much better packages and pricing in.

The Directv packages were pathetic for Business. (the Dish ones are not too much better, but a bit better)