1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Placement of power inserter

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Cavicchi, May 25, 2010.

1. Cavicchi

Cavicchi Legend

Oct 28, 2008
    Effort, PA
    The first installation was done without MRV with internet and the power inserter was placed in back of dvr in living room. Today I had MRV with Internet completed and power inserter is still in back of DVR in living room--not connected to router, which is in my den. The router and another HR24 is in my den. Both are HR24 DVRs and I have one H24 upstairs. I thought the power inserter is supposed to be somewhere near the router or near closest DVR to router--no?

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I think you're confusing the Power Inserter with the Broadband DECA. The SWiM power inserter can be almost anywhere. Mine's in the living room too. The Broadband DECA needs to be connected to both your home network and its own power inserter.

3. Cavicchi

Cavicchi Legend

Oct 28, 2008
    Effort, PA
    By its own power inserter I assume you mean power adapter that goes from Deca Broadband to AC wall outlet? There is no power inserter like I have in living room in back of DVR in my den where Deca Broadband is connected to router.

4. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    There are a couple of different types of power inserters. The one for the DECA may have a single F-Connecter on it so that it attaches directly to the pigtail from the DECA.

5. Cavicchi

Cavicchi Legend

Oct 28, 2008
    Effort, PA
    That appears to be what I have connected to the Deca module, no light, just as a power source for Deca.