1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Play list has disappeared

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Ancient1, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Ancient1

Ancient1 Mentor

Feb 13, 2010
    On my HR24, the last update received was Ox62c, on 12/5/2012. However, on 2/13/2013, the play list of recordings has suddenly vanished, with the message showing that nothing is recorded. However, the "To Do" list shows all the shows we want to record - but they apparently aren't recording! Since I haven't received the new update yet, why would the play list suddenly just go away?

2. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Have you rebooted the DVR?

3. Ancient1

Ancient1 Mentor

Feb 13, 2010
    Right after I posted this thread, it dawned on me that I should reboot. I did a RBR, and sure enough, the playlist came back. I had originally thought there had been an update, but didn't check it until just before I posted, so I never thought to reboot earlier.
    In all my years with D*, I have never had a problem with losing any of my recorded material, so when this happened, I sort of had a brain fog, and didn't figure it out as quickly as I should have.
    You were absolutely correct, and I appreciate your input.

4. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Are you using an external drive?