1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playboy TV

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Sea bass, Aug 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sea bass

Sea bass Icon

Jun 9, 2005
    What the...why is PBTV in the 560's? I don't like it. Anyone?

2. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    I'm baffled as to why it'd make any difference to anyone. Can you help me understand why this is an issue?

3. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Yep, it got moved, it was mentioned in the HD anticipation thread. If you don't like seeing it in the guide there, it can be hidden.

4. richard1428

richard1428 Cool Member

May 6, 2010
    playboy might have asked for that number in exchange for some money. directv clearly knew that some costumers would complain, but that extra $ could be worth it for them

the hd addition and the channel rearrangement could be product of a contract renewal between them

5. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    It is odd going between Sundance and IFC. But at least we can customize.

6. Snickering Hound

Snickering Hound Mentor

Nov 3, 2011
    Menu/Settings&Help/Parental Controls/Adult Channels unclick show adult.

7. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    I use my favorite to hide channels I don't use. So visibility is not a problem for me.

But I use Boolean to record movies/shows between a channel span. Now with smut channels in the channel range of my Boolean, they will also be recorded.

That sucks!

8. JohnBoy

JohnBoy New Member

Sep 8, 2011
    For you single lads that order Playboy Tv,does Directv give you guys a case of KY Jelly to go along with your subscription. !rolling

9. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    It's part of the new contract, Playboy wants to be more like a premium channel and less like an adult PPV channel. You still need to subscribe to it though, it's not going to be part of any base packages like Premiere. We also got Playboy HD, Playboy On Demand and TEN XTSY was replaced with Playboy's sister station BangU (the former Spice 2/Shorteez).

As others said, if you're worried about your kids, you should be using parental controls to hide the adult channels. (Stuff that's on HBO and Cinemax overnight is way more explicit than anything Playboy TV has aired in recent years anyway). If it simply offends you, remember DirecTV caters to a national audience with different viewing habbits and others might be offended by the content on the channels you like. That's what custom channel lists are for.

10. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    If you don't like it you have options at your disposal. You can hide it by using the Favorite Channels list, block it by using Parental Controls, or simply ignore it. I fail to see why this is a big issue for some people.

11. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I use my favorite to hide channels I don't use. So visibility is not a problem for me.

But I use Boolean to record movies/shows between a channel span. Now with smut channels in the channel range of my Boolean, they will also be recorded.

That sucks!

It will record stuff from a channel you don't get?

Would nnot adult work?

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

12. hallrk

hallrk Legend

Apr 15, 2010
    Need to have a free preview to see if its worth subscribing to. :grin:

13. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I looked at the guide for this HD channel and I did not see any of the programming that had the "HD" after the title. From that I assume that they don't have the HD programs ready at this time.

14. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    Or the guide data just doesn't have the data yet. There's one way you can find out for sure...

15. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I had that channel long ago. It is too much money for the same thing over and over and over. Unless they have changed, way too much Silicone. Heck, years ago it was $16.99 per month. I think I had it for 2 months and had it turned off.

16. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    I looked at the guide for this HD channel and I did not see any of the programming that had the "HD" after the title. From that I assume that they don't have the HD programs ready at this time.

I saw on the other forum that it is, indeed HD. The sub there claimed it looked great.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

17. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    You've been away way too long, pilgrim. Playboy was largely taken over by Spice several years ago and it not the channel you remember. It has been a "level 1" adult channel for some time now.

I find it interesting that DIRECTV has adopted adult programming in a big way as they used to only offer Playboy on a monthly basis.

18. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    That happens with any channel after they've just gone HD. The guide data can't say HD until the channel goes HD and then it takes a day or so.

19. lacubs

lacubs Godfather

Sep 11, 2010
    i thought the Playboy channel was going to move to channel 559 on the 15th?

20. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    I use favorites lists so I don't have it in my guide. Just for kicks I typed it in and it says it exceeds my purchase limit of $0.00. I set a purchase limit to prevent accidental purchases. Interesting it treats it like a PPV channel still by saying that, vs displaying the call click or text to order screen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.