1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing HR20 recorded content, on a PC (Was: ~Question for Earl)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Milkman, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Milkman

Milkman Hall Of Fame

Dec 6, 2006
    Are you aware of any factual plans to enable viewing of recorded programs on a PC on the same network as the HR20?

I know that it is a HUGE desire of the community (since Tivo and Hacked DirecTivo's had this capability), and I suppose I was wondering if you knew what DirecTV's medium to long term goals were, regarding this functionality.

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Other then the PC-Tuner Card that is being developed by Microsoft/Intel/DirecTV (announced LAST CES)

No... I don't think there is going to be a way to view programs recorded on the HR20, on a PC.

There are plans to allow video content FROM a PC, to the HR20... but not the other way around.

3. Milkman

Milkman Hall Of Fame

Dec 6, 2006
    That is REAL disappointing to me, and quite frankly sad, seeing how long TiVo has had this functionality.

4. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    Do notice that Tivo's own Series 3 doesn't even have this capability. Thank Hollywood.

5. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    TiVo had the availability for the re-compressed, of analog transmitted, content. (basically the same as sharing a VCR based recording).

6. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    I change the title of the thread, to more accurately refelect the topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.