1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PlayOn: Watch Hulu, YouTube, CBS, CNN, ESPN, and Netflix on your TV using your HR20?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by cnmsales, Nov 23, 2008.

  1. MurphieNB

    MurphieNB Cool Member

    26
    0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Salado, TX
    If you're inclined to buy PlayOn, it's on sale through November 30 for $19.99. According to an email from them, just enter the coupon code "HOLIDAY" at checkout to receive the discounted price.
     
  2. CarolinaGuy79

    CarolinaGuy79 Legend

    222
    1
    Sep 9, 2009
    Someone please help, I downloaded playon but it isn't showing up on my R22 and the firewalls are disabled, what else can I try? thanks.

    Andy
     
  3. bonscott87

    bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

    9,809
    2
    Jan 21, 2003
    Is your R22 on the Internet? Can you download any of the VOD stuff? Also, did you try rebooting the R22 (assuming you are on the internet).
     
  4. CarolinaGuy79

    CarolinaGuy79 Legend

    222
    1
    Sep 9, 2009
    Its on the Internet, my VOD works, its just not showing playon.
     
  5. dodge boy

    dodge boy R.I.P. Chris Henry

    4,231
    0
    Mar 31, 2006
     
  6. Dec 1, 2009 #566 of 569
    bonscott87

    bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

    9,809
    2
    Jan 21, 2003
    This often happens to me with Hulu content. 90% of the time just try the show again and it will play fine. The other 10% takes a 3rd try.

    Also be sure you're updated to the most recent version of PlayOn. There have been a couple patches the last month that fix bugs.

    But keep in mind that DirecTV receivers are not officially supported by PlayOn, it just happens to work for most people. I'm eventually going to get a PS3 not for games but for Blu-Ray and for the fantastic media share (PlayOn fully supported thru it and the 360).
     
  7. Dec 3, 2009 #567 of 569
    Alexandrepsf

    Alexandrepsf Icon

    738
    0
    Oct 26, 2005
    Hi everyone,

    I just bought a new laptop with Windows 7 on it. Playon server is running, but I cannot see it on my DVR anymore. It worked perfectly with my old computer. It has been a while since I installed it on my previous computer, but I do not remember having to do anything particular to make it be seen by my DVR.

    Does this issue sounds familiar to any of you? Do you know what I need to do?

    Thanks for your help,
    Alex
     
  8. Dec 3, 2009 #568 of 569
    bonscott87

    bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

    9,809
    2
    Jan 21, 2003
    Common problem with Windows 7, especially 64-bit. I just did a search on the PlayOn web site for Windows 7 and got a ton of hits. Most seem to indicate Win 7 doesn't seem to play well with DLNA right now. Imagine that, a Windows OS before the first service pack with problems. ;)

    Anyway, the most common issue is a firewall, antivirus or other security software blocking it, be sure you have exceptions in all your security software. Other then that I guess go check the PlayOn forums for hints of what to do or send in a support ticket for it.
     
  9. Dec 3, 2009 #569 of 569
    Alexandrepsf

    Alexandrepsf Icon

    738
    0
    Oct 26, 2005

    aaarrrggghhhh, I just looked in my services logs, and yes the server starts and stops on its own. Windows7 was supposed to finally make our lives easier. What happened? :O)

    I am kidding, I actually finally like a version of windows since its initial release. :O)

    Thanks for the quick reply.
    Alex
     

Share This Page