1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 2 keyboard

Discussion in 'Gaming Fun - The Other Reality' started by Chris Blount, Dec 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    Recently I was able to get my hands on an internet network adapter for the Playstation 2. After hooking it up to my cable modem through a router, I discovered that a keyboard would be helpful while playing some of the games and in the chat room.

The keyboard needed to be USB. Sony and a few others sell PS2 keyboards but I was told that any keyboard would work. Well just for fun I dug an old 10 year old Dell keyboard from the garage, trotted down to Radio Shack and picked up a PS/2 to USB adapter. It works!

I haven't looked yet to see what is so special about the PS2 keyboards but this might be good information to anyone who wants a cheap alternative.

BTW: The network adapter for the PS2 works wonderfully through my router. I just hooked it up and the PS2 had no trouble finding it and setting up the high speed connection.

2. obrienaj

obrienaj Godfather

Apr 7, 2004
    I'm in the same boat. Just hooked up the Network Adapter for my son and he has enjoyed being on line but is really frustrated by not having a real keyboard. I just started looking for info on the Internet when I found your post.

Is there a USB port on the older (larger) PS2's? I just asked my son and he was unsure. I guess I will have to get my glasses on an have a look:nono2: Maybe I need an adpater to allow a USB keyboard? Does ANY USB keyboard work on the Playstation 2 or is a special one required ?

3. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Yes, the first generation PS2's have 2 USB ports. At least my son's does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.