1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Playstation Network may be down for two days?!

Discussion in 'Gaming Fun - The Other Reality' started by machavez00, Apr 21, 2011.

1. machavez00

machavez00 Hall Of Fame

Nov 2, 2006
    Phoenix,...
    I turned on the my PS3 this morning as was greeted with an error message that there was a network error and have been logged off. I just got arond to checking PSN's status and say this.
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/04/21/latest-update-on-psn-outage/

I'm sure glad I don't have to pay to use PSN.

2. Kevin F

Kevin F Hall Of Fame

May 9, 2010
    I'm an xbox fanboy here but it seems like the PSN goes down a lot. Especially compared to xbox live. I haven't had an xbox live outage (other than scheduled maintenance at 3 am) in a very long time.

3. AttiTech

AttiTech Godfather

Feb 21, 2011
    That sucks, man. My friend was pretty upset about it when we got to work this morning. He went to the midnight release of the new MK and tried to get a few matches in before work and was greeted with the same error. I haven't played a game online since my son got ahold of the copy of Black Ops, bit onto it, drug his teeth across the disc and threw it in the bath tub....yaaaaay children....

4. sideswipe

sideswipe Legend

Dec 4, 2008
    per Tom's guide looks like may be down through Saturday, ugh, MK out & can't go online but get plenty of practice vs. AI lol

5. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    You get what you pay for? :p

6. Kevin F

Kevin F Hall Of Fame

May 9, 2010
    Sorry to troll but...

Xbox 360

7. AttiTech

AttiTech Godfather

Feb 21, 2011
    Do you guys have your online access back?

8. kiknwing

kiknwing Godfather

Jun 24, 2009
    Ogden, UT
    The PlayStation network & Qriocity are still down and will be down until they patch the network.

9. AttiTech

AttiTech Godfather

Feb 21, 2011
    That suuuuucks. My Gamer Heart goes out to all you guys. I haven't made the plunge to purchase a PS3 yet, so I'm okay with my 360. When I do, no more Xbox live......ever.

10. machavez00

machavez00 Hall Of Fame

Nov 2, 2006
    Phoenix,...
    From the PSN Blog

11. AttiTech

AttiTech Godfather

Feb 21, 2011
    owned

12. machavez00

machavez00 Hall Of Fame

Nov 2, 2006
    Phoenix,...
    The latest update.
    It may be, as someone has speculated, whoever it was that hacked PSN deleted some critical code.

BTW, don't be surprised when (not if) XBox/Windows live gets crashed.

13. ncxcstud

ncxcstud Icon

Apr 22, 2007
    more than likely PSN is going to be the only one that is attacked. Why? Because Microsoft hasn't pissed off the hacker community like Sony has with the GeoHotz stuff...

14. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    It will happen some day... Just the law of averages.
    But the fact that it hasn't happened yet todate... and that Microsoft (and it's products) have the biggest target on their back... tells yah a lot about how that service was designed and built.

15. RasputinAXP

Jan 23, 2008
    Live has unintentionally gone down for spans of 12 or 24 hours. Never more than a day.

16. AttiTech

AttiTech Godfather

Feb 21, 2011
    It honestly wouldn't bother me if Live went down. I purchased my yearly subscription to Live 4 months ago and I only play on live when Gamefly sends me a game that has an interesting online mode, Like Medal of Honor that I just sent back. I beat the campaign and played online for a few days just for some easy achievements then sent it back. Pretty much the extent of my playing any games online. Other than that, I browse for demos for my gamefly queue and my qife customizes and downloads things for her Avatar.

17. RasputinAXP

Jan 23, 2008
    And boom goes the dynamite.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/04/26/update-on-playstation-network-and-qriocity/

18. machavez00

machavez00 Hall Of Fame

Nov 2, 2006
    Phoenix,...
    That's why I use PSN gift cards only when buying DLC.

I checked and no e-mail from Sony.

19. AttiTech

AttiTech Godfather

Feb 21, 2011
  20. sideswipe

sideswipe Legend

Dec 4, 2008
    Just did a google search on PSN & 1 of the news updates is showing "some services" will be online within a week