1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Please fix hr35 "no coax audio out on sd channels with double play on"

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by utmba95, Jul 28, 2013.

1. utmba95

utmba95 Mentor

May 4, 2008
    I've been waiting a long time for this to be fixed.

2. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Could you please flesh out your question/problem? Details! New phrasing in the body of the post.

3. studechip

studechip Godfather

Apr 16, 2012
    What unit are you talking about? There is no HR35.

4. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    we can't fix it if we can't understand you....

5. utmba95

utmba95 Mentor

May 4, 2008
    Sorry, hr 34. My daughter screwed up my ipad and I couldn't see what I was typing.

Using spdif coax out, tune to golfhd and pause. then turn on doubleplay and tune to soap (sd) and pause. Flip back and forth once or twice and coax out stops working on the sd channel.

I reported this on a release thread a while ago, or at least I tried to.

6. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Using the buffer can be iffy as you well know. The only sure fire fix I know of is to record both programs and use the Previous button. It takes only a couple of seconds longer than double play.

7. utmba95

utmba95 Mentor

May 4, 2008
    I haven't had many other buffer problems. I'm pretty sure the hr2x had the same spdif out problem early on. My guess is not many people use spdif anymore, but so far I have no good reason to buy an hdmi receiver.