1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help with Error 602 on my 921

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by f13dfx, Dec 8, 2007.

1. f13dfx

f13dfx Cool Member

Apr 9, 2007
    ERROR 602

"Point Dish can not be run since a tuner can
    not be acquired for either Satellite Input 1
    or Satellite Input 2."

I just replaced a defective hard drive, did the proper procedure for restoring 921 image (L055, L277 method). Everything went fine until after the hard drive was successfully remarried.

For some reason the receiver keeps rebooting when satellite inputs 1 & 2 are connected to my dish. When they are not, it just says "Acquiring signal.....", but then just goes to a blank screen. When I call up the Menu and try to do a switch check, it comes up with the error above.

Anyone have any ideas as to how I can cure this?

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    There is no such process for 'remarried' the 921; as to the error, seems you have corupted NVRAM. Try to re-init it.

3. f13dfx

f13dfx Cool Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Okay, I managed to find out how to get into the DEBUG screen by going Menu > 6 > 5 > info > right > left. In that screen (to the right) is a button entitled "reset NVM". I chose that button and it said something like "the reset will take place the next time the receiver is powered up". I unplugged and replugged the receiver and it did reset some parameters, but when I go to the "Point Dish" menu, I still get the Error 602 message above. Does reset actually mean "clearing" or "dumping" the NVRAM or does it just reset it to the "default" setting? Have I done what you had mentioned or should I be taking another step?

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Yes, that was exactly my call.
    Mmmm, rear case ... Other then send to your friend here who will call Dish, I can't propose now. If I'll find something, I'll post here.

5. f13dfx

f13dfx Cool Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Please let me know either by PM or with a reply on this thread as to whether you still need the internal logs from my 921's hard drive.

I can also take screenshots of my NVRAM's contents and PM you with the pic.

I really appreciate your help :)