1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help with questions about Picture in Picture

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Jersey Girl, May 25, 2012.

1. Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl Legend

Oct 11, 2007
    This is one thing I would love to have...I'm a HUGE sports fan! I've done some searches and found out some things...but not enough. Looking for someone to walk me thru if possible.

1. Is it the HR34 that has picture in picture? Only the HR34?

2. Is that the home media dvr? Can you still use that dvr if your house is not wired?

3. Is it working correctly? Readind some bad things...is that old news now?

4. Does your TV have to be equipped for picture in picture?

5. Does it work well?

6. How much does it cost? How much can you get it for if you are a great customer, buy almost all of the sports packages, and always pay on time thru direct debit?

7. For those who have it...do you like it?

Thank you!!!

2. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Yes, only the HR34.

The HR34 is also called the HMC Server, yes. It acts just like any other DVR but I'm not sure what you mean by "if your house is not wired".

PIP works great, there just isn't a quick way to turn it on/off or move the picture around.

No

See #3

That all depends on what deal you work out with DirecTV. No one here will have a definitive answer.

The HR34 has some quirks to it, and some issues, but that will all be worked out eventually. No telling how long though.

3. EyeRonik1

EyeRonik1 Mentor

Nov 26, 2007
    I just got mine Wednesday as a standalone DVR. (I want to replace my two DVR's over time.) I just love it. It's about 10x faster than the hr-22 it replaced, and the 5 tuners are awesome.

I've seen some quirky behavior - stutters, audio dropouts, etc. - and I've heard it still misses recordings, but I'm keeping my HR-250 until I'm sure it's reliable.