1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please test directv.com TV listings section and post results.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by rahchgo, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rahchgo

rahchgo Godfather

Feb 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I sent the following feedback message to DirecTV:

This is their reply:

I thought I was reporting a problem with the web site. They didn't acknowledge that there was a problem, but gave my a "work-around" that really doesn't provide the same function.

I'd like to know if others have this same problem before I respond again. Volunteers to test and post results in this thread?
    Thanks,

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    What is the end result you think you will get with that feature?

Other then it providing you a list....

The Site is not setup yet to automatically schedule the recordings on your DVR yet... (not even sure it will be an option)

3. rahchgo

rahchgo Godfather

Feb 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    In the spirit of CE, the page doesn't seem to work. Figured Directv.com would like to know that if they don't already. I'm programmed to report problems. :D

It seems like a nice way to quickly review which of my favorite shows are scheduled today or the next few days, which seems to be the purpose of the web page. Since they are my favorites, they are already in Series Link, so auto record is not the issue. (Neat idea though!)

Finally, maybe the problem is unique to me? I'd like to know that, too. Could be cookies settings or something like that.

4. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    I don't think that is going to be a feature of the site (at this time).

I think the favorites that you see on DirecTV.com or going to be mostly a "reminder" to you that shows are comming up...

Not something that is updated or controlled by your DVR, or in turn... control your DVR.

5. Canis Lupus

Canis Lupus You make it, We break it

Oct 16, 2006
    There was a time a while back during the initial Beta testing of Remote Booking where when you clicked on an upcoming show, there was a link in that same window (where Add to Favorites is) that said "What's This?". When you clicked on it, a new message window popped up saying something to the effect of, "You'll be able to schedule recordings on your DVR".

That link has since gone away, but maybe when they add a fully functional Remote Booking interface, that same window described by the OP (where "Add to Favorites" is) will also be the place where Remote Booking will take place.

Then I assume there will also be the mobile version which will be more like the one that's been tested to date?

6. rahchgo

rahchgo Godfather

Feb 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    An overwhelming lack of interest in this thread. ;)
    I'd really like to know if others have the same problem with the website TV listing "My Favorite Shows" tab. Read my OP. Would a few people test please?

7. LI-SVT

LI-SVT Icon

May 18, 2006
    You are right. Not one of my favorite shows is working at the web site. I have 7 favorites and there are no results for all of them. I also know for a fact that all of them will air at least once this week.

8. ChrisND

ChrisND Cool Member

Sep 23, 2007
    The feature does not work for me either. Once it did work and I noticed it sort of degraded over time and nothing shows up.

Just a note on a related story... I had found a problem several weeks ago with their custom channel list feature on the web site. I sent an email and did eventually get a response. First I got a form letter, then a CSR said they logged into my account an verified the problem (resetting my password in the process). In the end they said the "appropriate" department (I suppose web development) would deal with it. I hadn't checked in a while, but it looks to be fixed today.

9. rahchgo

rahchgo Godfather

Feb 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks to those that replied. Since I am not the only one with the problem, I have replied to customer care with a note asking the specifically to forward the problem to the web development team. I included a link to this thread, so if others want to post their test maybe we can get enough momentum to get the problem fixed. ;)

10. jtn

jtn Banned User

Oct 18, 2007
    It works fine, it remembers me with zip code and all. I wish it would do more than two hours on the screen at a time. http://zap2it.com is a nice site, you can do up to 6 hours on your screen, but ppv listings don't work on zap2it even with customization.

11. rahchgo

rahchgo Godfather

Feb 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Have you marked some favorite shows and do those favorite shows display correctly on the My Favorite Shows Tab? The TV & PPV tab has not been a problem for me either.

P.S. Your sig says that you can record one OTA and 2 Sat at the same time? Do you mean one Dod and 2 Sat? I don't think the other is possible.

12. bnglbill

bnglbill Icon

Nov 29, 2006
    It's not possible and he never seems to respond to people questioning it.

13. jtn

jtn Banned User

Oct 18, 2007
    It does work, and I have tested it on both my HR20's, and yes I have responded. It's just people who are not in agreement don't want to hear it. Plus I cannot be in front of this computer 24 hours to answer people. So I'm not ignoring anyone, by the time you get back to answer there is 100 other additions or more so it's difficult.:grin:

If you challenge a moderator they delete your posts, or put it somewhere it can't be read.

14. bnglbill

bnglbill Icon

Nov 29, 2006
    So then, tell us how so that we can try

15. jtn

jtn Banned User

Oct 18, 2007
    schedule an OTA program at the same time you have two satellite programs, simple really. I get no conflicts and the programs are on the hard drive.

16. Fish Man

Fish Man Godfather

Apr 22, 2002
    I call shenanigans.

Unless you have that one "magic" HR20 that accidentally made it out of the factory.

I have no motive to say it doesn't work except for the fact that it doesn't. I don't work for D*, I'm not a mod here, but this definitely doesn't work on either of my HR20's. I'd love it if it did.

What neferious motive do you think the mods would have for "hiding" this fact from us if it were actually true?

17. Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan Hall Of Fame

Sep 26, 2006
    We'd all like to know which shows, what times, etc....

There are hundreds (thousands?) of us on these boards who have tried this, and it doesn't work...

So we really would like to know which shows you did this on so we can try it.

18. jtn

jtn Banned User

Oct 18, 2007
    I got my HR20's on 9/15/2006, and they are probably the first batch to go out. So when I record Boston Legal on WCVB 5-1, on OTA @ 10pm, The contender on ESPN 206 satellite channel @ 10pm, and Criss Angel on A&E HD 265 @ 10pm the programs are on the hard drive. No errors on programming. All three on Tuesdays @ 10pm.

19. Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan Hall Of Fame

Sep 26, 2006
    Are these series links or you hit record on 3 different programs at one time?

When is the last time it recorded all 3 at the same time? For at least this week and next, Criss Angel is on at 11:00 on A&EHD, and The Contender is not on ESPN at all.... but is on ESPN2 at 9:30.

Just for kicks and giggles I tried again today... and, again... it doesn't work. As soon as I have 2 programs recording, it asks which one I want to cancel if I attempt to start a 3rd recording.

I'm guessing you don't sit there at night and hit record for every show you want to watch. I assume that you're using series links. In which case the HR20 will pick up conflicting episodes if they show in another time slot... For instance, the episode of The Contender that was on ESPN2 tonight at 9:30 is replayed tomorrow morning at 10:00am on ESPN. So if you were to look tomorrow evening when you got home, it would appear that three shows from tonight recorded simultaneously, when in fact they did not.

Had a brainstorm and checked your time zone, and lo and behold, there's The Contender on ESPN, Boston Legal on 5, and Criss Angel on A&E all at 10:00. For some reason they don't fall into the same time slot out here in Cali. At any rate, looking a little farther ahead in the guide, Criss Angel replays at 2:00am your time. I'm guessing that it picks up that repeat episode, so in the morning it appears all 3 shows recorded at 10:00 when they actually didnt.

20. bwaldron

bwaldron Impossible Dreamer

Oct 24, 2005
    Definitely look at your list of recordings and check the dates and times the shows were recorded. You simply cannot do three at a time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.