1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Please Wait" blue pop up

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by n3ntj, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    Last night I noticed something new.. right after switching channels, I'd get the blue pop up at the bottom right (like we see for the 771 message) but it would just say
    "Please wait". It would go off after approx. 2 seconds.

The picture and sound would be there fine, but this little pop up came up when switching b/w various channels.. such as 731, 623, etc. Some are HD, some are SD. Didn't see any signal strength issues.

Anyone else see this issue last night?

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    It isn't specific to anyone channel, or action between channels.

Your HR20 was doing something in the background, and thus prompted the "Please Wait".

You will on occasion see it...

3. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    Earl, I've seen this occur on both my HR20's every now and then. Once it starts it usually continues to happen until the box is rebooted. I've waited up to 1 hour before rebooting to get rid of it, is whatever it's doing in the background take longer then that?

4. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    I see it on occasion... but nothing to degree you just described.
    (Never had to reboot because of it).

It can be all sorts of things it is doing in the background that is causing the delay (which causes the OSD)

5. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    I am just changing channels and not recording. I'll change b/w TNT HD, YES (SD), NESN (SD), and local HD D* channels and get this pop up. No apparent pattern. Didn't start until maybe 3 or 4 days ago. Now it seems to happen maybe with 50% of all channel changes.

6. stogie5150

stogie5150 Godfather

Feb 21, 2006
    Mine did that right after the CE two cycles ago. Did it for about 2 days then quit. The latest CE didn't do it. Maybe something with rebuilding the guide? :confused:

7. ehamilton

ehamilton Cool Member

Jun 8, 2007
    Mine also did it for a couple days then disappeared.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.