1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pole intallation costs

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by wingrider01, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wingrider01

wingrider01 Hall Of Fame

Sep 9, 2005
    Anyone give me a ballpark idea of what the D* installer charges to put in a pole? Getting the new slimline installed and I am a little concerned about placing it where the old 3 lnb is installed.

The current dish is on my roof, it is pretty well sheltered from the adverse weather by the design of the roof the surrounding buildings but the house is close to 100 years old and nervous about the additional size and weight. The old dish has been in place since DSS and have never had an issue with it.

Because of this I am considering a pole mount to the right of the house, LOS should be fairly decent with the only main obstruction being some electrical wires, but not sure if it would be better to have the D* installer put the pole in or if I should contract it out to a local antenna installer.

2. aim2pls

aim2pls Icon

Jun 18, 2007
    guessing 2 hours labor (plus or minus) plus materials

3. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Pretty sure it depends on your installation company. Some will do it at no charge, others have fixed rate, some will charge a hourly rate. For us, if its customer request, its up to $75.

4. Chuck W

Chuck W Icon

Mar 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    I "think" if it is an LOS issue and a pole mount is required, then they will do it for free. If it's just by request, and not required, then they may make you pay for it.

5. wingrider01

wingrider01 Hall Of Fame

Sep 9, 2005
    Expect to have to pay for it, just trying to get a general idea of cost. Little concerned about putting the new dish on the roof considering the additional size and weight. As mentioned the house is close to 100 years old and the roof substrata is plank not sheet.

6. cawgijoe

cawgijoe Legend

Dec 22, 2005
    It doesn't hurt to ask them if there would be any charges.

However, you may want to think about doing it yourself.....you can buy a mast at Home Depot..Lowes, etc.......to whatever height you want and then dig the hole....should go down at least two feet......cement the pole in....make sure it's level......let it set and then have them come out and install.

Sounds like alot of work, but it really isn't.

7. aim2pls

aim2pls Icon

Jun 18, 2007
    so long as you dont live in new england (to find a rock .. stick a shovel in the ground)

8. german72

german72 AllStar

Sep 1, 2006
    Go at least below freezing line.

Make sure that you dril a hole for a small rod to go into. Leave at least 6" sticking out of the side of the pole (the part that is in the ground).

This is to keep the dish from moving around in the wind.

I have done many of these and it is really easy.

Mike:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.