1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poor 622 is dead

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by dmspen, Oct 27, 2008.

1. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    I noticed on Sunday that a fan like sound was continuous on my 622 upstairs. I tried to turn it on to no avail. Wouldn't reboot from the power switch either. Unplugged it for a few minutes and plugged it in. The TV1 light would come on for a bit then off, then on, then off...

Called DISH today. Seems like it's a continouous reboot and the 'fan' noise is the drive trying to spin up. Good thing my CSR was knowledgeable. He even used words like 'flash memory' and 'hard drive'! WOW!

After trying a few obvious things, it becam clear the unit had died. The one time I did get it to reboot on Sunday, I managed to move about half my recordings to my hard drive. I guess I'll keep playing to see if I can get it to reboot once more.

So long old friend!:(

2. tedb3rd

tedb3rd Godfather

Feb 2, 2006
    If your new receiver comes and you have same/similar problems, hassle with dish to exchange your power inserter and/or the multi-switch. I had a 622 with the SAME symptoms. After sending 3 replacement units that worked anywhere from 24 hours to 1 week, they agreed to replace the power inserter and swith and all worked fine after that. ....a month of receivers back & forth and lots of gyrations and it was a stupid power inserter for the DPP44 switch.

3. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    interesting...
    I don't have a power inserter. That went away when the 1000.2 antenna was installed. I will keep an eye on this though.

4. rocket69

rocket69 AllStar

Oct 26, 2008
    its probly just a bad box...i just had my 3 month old 722 giving problems with the PVR(hard drive is jacked) ..

In my exprince if replacing recevers check the line all the way from dish to recever. Dont let you tech be lazy watch him. Went on an service call and customer showd me a stack of service calls all for the same 211 craping out.. Me bing the pro tec go under the house and find a old cable grond block inline that is only 1ghz . Reran the whole line and thus far 23 was his magic number for service calls never another problem. now any referals he has me install them.