1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

possible AM-21 problems

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Beckzilla, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Beckzilla

Beckzilla Legend

Oct 28, 2007
    am having problems with my local channels only with the ones coming from my AM-21

1. on all local channels with .1 numbers after about a half an hour the audio starts cutting out until it goes out completely. changing the channel back and forth fixes it but the problem comes right back. Am having no problems with the regular locals with no .1 behind it.
    2. when I scroll through all the local channels, every time I get to a channel with .1 after it the banner screen comes up for about a half a second and disappears. does not do this on the channels without .1 after it.

I have tried all types of resets on HR-34 and AM-21 to no avail.

2. bflora

bflora Legend

Nov 5, 2007
    I have had this problem also since I got my hr34 well over a year ago. When watching live am-21 and the audio starts to stutter or drops out I have found that pressing the skip forward button brings it back. Also the problem is less common when playing a recorded program so I often start recording a program and watch it with just a slight delay from live.

3. TXD16

TXD16 Icon

Oct 29, 2008
    That makes three of us. I have three AM21s installed on three different DVRs and I see this issue only on the HR34/AM21 combo.

4. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I have experienced it too on my HR34. Sometimes the audio gets garbled before it quits.
    Happens once every few days for me.

5. slice1900

slice1900 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Iowa
    Sounds like it is an HR34 problem then, not an AM21 problem.

6. Beckzilla

Beckzilla Legend

Oct 28, 2007
    I forgot to mention that this problem started when I got my HR-34. Anybody know why this is happening?