1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible Bush Assisnation attempt!!!

Discussion in 'The OT' started by juan ellitinez, May 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juan ellitinez

juan ellitinez Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 31, 2003
    I wonder why there is no US media coverage of this event!!!! http://www.debka.com/Only after American party left did Georgian officials inform US secret service of thrown hand grenade that landed 30 meters from where Bush addressed huge crowd in Tiblisi Tuesday. They said the grenade was inactive. US secret service is carrying out its own investigation to find out if assassination attempt made against president.

2. mainedish

mainedish Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2003
    They reported it on many of the National Networks.

3. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    It was the main front page news yesterday on CNN.com and is even still listed towards the top.

Yeah...I guess it could have been an assassination attempt if they were going to bean him in the head with it. It was a dummy grenade most likely plated to cause fear and/or panic from knee jerk reactions.

4. BuckeyeChris

BuckeyeChris Icon/Supporter

Apr 20, 2004
    Still, if someone managed to throw a dummy grenade at (near) him, then they easily could have thrown a live one. Very scary stuff and everyone is very fortunate that this wasn't the real thing; we could have been waking up to a President Cheney and Vice President Denny Hastert this morning and under full Homeland Security Red Alert lockdown. Security has to be tighter around the President to prevent this from happening. A lot of tough questions have to be asked of the Secret Service.

5. lazaruspup

lazaruspup Godfather

Mar 18, 2005
    You can't lock the man in a bubble.... I'm sorry but taking that job comes with a lot of risk. It is a part of the job description. I mean, come on, we've all seen a James Bond film or two... all it takes is one maniac to create mass chaos. The President's office is a position that must be seen and must be recognized as a public office and therefore enjoy the open public spotlight. Will their be dangers?? Of course. That is why we have a succession of office.

6. Laverne

Laverne Guest

Feb 17, 2005
    Just a reminder (not that I think that any of you have crossed the line, but I don't know too many specifics :shrug: ) that certain statements could be considered a federal offense, and they don't jack around with this type of stuff. I'm sure Chris really doesn't need the headache right now of having us all investigated or something. :nono: :D

7. RichW

RichW Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 29, 2002
    A dummy grenade is lethal to this president.

8. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    I sure hate to say it, but that was funny. :D

9. pjmrt

pjmrt Hall Of Fame

Jul 17, 2003
    I DID hear it on the news - I don't think it was ignored by the media, just not incredibly hyped as they are apt to do. But I have a question. Can a grenade (Rich's comment ignored here) at 30 meters (over 90 feet away) and a crowd of people in front pose a real threat? I guess any explosive poses some risk. As already posted, if someone could get a fake grenade to the vicinity of the president, it would seem a no-brainer to get a real one there. No one ever said the office of president was a safe job. It just points to how vigilant security needs to be around the president, whoever is in office.

10. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    I don't think it is certain that getting a fake grenade in the vicinity of the president proves a real one could have been brought the same way. For example, a bomb sniffing dog will not react to a fake the same way it would have reacted to a real explosive. Let's not get to carried away until we know what actually happened.

11. jonstad

jonstad Hall Of Fame

Jun 27, 2002
    Huh?:scratchin

12. jonstad

jonstad Hall Of Fame

Jun 27, 2002
    No surprise, I found it pretty funny too. Although it should be noted he did it with a straight face, at least not a smilie face.;)

13. BuckeyeChris

BuckeyeChris Icon/Supporter

Apr 20, 2004
    Let's hope your're right Bogy. We may never know what really happened; and I mean the United States, since it appears that the Georgian Security forces know more about this than our own Secret Service.

But let me ask you this, what if the grendade had been filled with chemical/biological weapons? Can dogs sniff those out too? :confused:

14. jonstad

jonstad Hall Of Fame

Jun 27, 2002
    The reality is security traveling abroad for a President is never going to be up to the level of public appearances in New York or even Peoria. Especially not in places like Tiblisi or Uzbekistan.

A dummy grenade tossed to within 100 feet seems a pretty lame assassination attempt. Nevertheless, it needs to be seriously looked into. My guess was the action was probably intended to cause an "incident", either to embarrass Georgian officials, US security, or both. The "dummyness" of the grenade seems especially lame. Even a smoke bomb would have caused more panic and disruption, and embarrassment. It would seem the desperate action of some demented lone lunatic. Of course from past experiences with assassinations, demented lone lunatics cannot be overlooked.:(

15. pjmrt

pjmrt Hall Of Fame

Jul 17, 2003
    There seems to be one possibility that no one has considered. The dummy grenade may not have been meant for our president. If I remember the story correctly, the Russian president was there too. A friend of mine who served in Vietnam told me a story once, how it was "common" for someone to roll a dummy grenade into an unpopular CO's tent. If he didn't get the message, the next one was real. Don't know - just a thought. But maybe this was a message being sent to the Russian president.

16. jonstad

jonstad Hall Of Fame

Jun 27, 2002
    As a follow-up to the continuing saga of our keystone Homeland Security, while the Capital, Supreme Court and White House were evacuated today, Laura Bush and Nancy Reagan were whisked to a "secure bunker" somewhere in the subterranian bowels of said Casa Blanca and puppetmaster Cheney found himself once again in the familiar surroundings of his "undisclosed location", our illustrious leader was on a bike ride in in the Terrapin state. Although the federal government had ground to a screeching halt, F-16s scrambled and his wife under armed guard, Dubbya was allowed to finish his tour de Maryland before the Secret Service, or whomever prioritizes these things, decided this was an important enough event to notify him, nearly an hour later!:hair:

I know this is a President who's often been accused of "phoning it in", especially if he's on one of his frequent "vacations" in Crawford, but is he really in charge? Or do they just like to let him(and us) think so?:scratchin

17. SAEMike

SAEMike Banned User

May 29, 2004
    No, he's a puppet for the aliens who landed in Area 51 and founded the tri-lateral commission. They run the country in cahoots with the Freemasons, who of course, control the world. They have the heads of Elvis and Hilter in glass jars and take instructions from them quite often. They are breeding us to be slaves on planet Zoltek, and the day for us to leave is coming soon.

Please, put your tin foil hat back on, and turn off your computer because the reckoning is coming soon. SAVE YOURSELF!!!!

18. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    Huh?

Federal law prohibits even verbal threats against the president. Its one of those areas where freedom of speech doesn't qualify. Laverne was just reminding everyone to be careful with what they say, as its easy to see how this thread could go down that route.

19. Laverne

Laverne Guest

Feb 17, 2005
    Thank you, Danny! :) Nice to see someone knew what I was talking about. (Jonstad, I'm really beginning to worry about you.... :grin: )

!rolling

Ya know, jonstad, I used to live about 8 miles up the road from Crawford (in McGregor, another spot in the road), and it's not such a bad place. I've eaten at the catfish place there. (Used to be all-you-can-eat catfish on Friday nights. :facelick: ) It used to be the only restaurant in town, but I couldn't imagine that it would be now.

20. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Wow, Mike!! Was it painful when they did the Roger brain transplant? :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.