1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Possible DTV PC interface?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Brent04, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brent04

Brent04 Legend

Nov 22, 2004
    I was looking at an article on News.com about the launch of Intel's new Core 2 Duo processor and saw this photo of a new laptop that will use the notebook version of the chip. The interesting thing is the "video player" that is on the screen. It has an on-screen DirecTV remote with the DirecTV logo. At first I thought that it might the the newly redesigned DirecTV Video Lounge but when I went to that site to see it does not look like that. Is this possibly the new DirecTV PC receiver that was talked about at CES? Is there something else on DirecTV's website that I haven't found that looks like that? It also looks like iTunes running on the system so I don't know if it's part of that.

Link to News.com's page:
    http://news.com.com/2300-1006_3-6099439-6.html?tag=ne.gall.pg

Gatewaynotebook_550x367.jpg

2. Jeremy W

Jeremy W Hall Of Fame

Jun 19, 2006
    I think your prediction is definitely possible.

3. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Nice catch by you....

4. dezracer

dezracer New Member

Jul 28, 2006
    If I was going to guess I'd say it is a Slingbox.

5. Jeremy W

Jeremy W Hall Of Fame

Jun 19, 2006
    I'd never seen Slingbox in action, but I just went and checked it out after you said that. Having now seen it, there's no question that it's a Slingbox.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.