DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Possible DTV PC interface?

713 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Jeremy W 
#1 ·
I was looking at an article on News.com about the launch of Intel's new Core 2 Duo processor and saw this photo of a new laptop that will use the notebook version of the chip. The interesting thing is the "video player" that is on the screen. It has an on-screen DirecTV remote with the DirecTV logo. At first I thought that it might the the newly redesigned DirecTV Video Lounge but when I went to that site to see it does not look like that. Is this possibly the new DirecTV PC receiver that was talked about at CES? Is there something else on DirecTV's website that I haven't found that looks like that? It also looks like iTunes running on the system so I don't know if it's part of that.

Link to News.com's page:
http://news.com.com/2300-1006_3-6099439-6.html?tag=ne.gall.pg

Computer Personal computer Laptop Touchpad Netbook

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Brent04 said:
I was looking at an article on News.com about the launch of Intel's new Core 2 Duo processor and saw this photo of a new laptop that will use the notebook version of the chip. The interesting thing is the "video player" that is on the screen. It has an on-screen DirecTV remote with the DirecTV logo. At first I thought that it might the the newly redesigned DirecTV Video Lounge but when I went to that site to see it does not look like that. Is this possibly the new DirecTV PC receiver that was talked about at CES? Is there something else on DirecTV's website that I haven't found that looks like that? It also looks like iTunes running on the system so I don't know if it's part of that.

View attachment 5963
If I was going to guess I'd say it is a Slingbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.