1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible SW21 problem

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by ND_Sean, Apr 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ND_Sean

ND_Sean New Member

Apr 25, 2005
    I have a dish 500 with a 508 receiver in my basement and a 510 receiver in the family room. I never have problems with the 508 but continually have problems with the 510. In particular I only get about a 2 day EPG, my PPV channels never work, and I get a message acquiring sattelite signal a couple times a week. When I run a check swith in the basement it comes back fine while in the family room it comes back 119 Odd, 199 even, 110 Odd, 110 X.
    Do you think this is a connection problem or a SW21 problem?

2. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    I believe you have a problem with the cable running between your 510 and your SW21 switch. Probably the end connector at the switch.

BTW, welcome to DBSTalk! :hi:

3. larrystotler

larrystotler Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 6, 2004
    Sounds like a bad SW21.

4. Bill R

Bill R Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2002
    The switch test shows that he can not get the even transponders from 110. While it could be the switch, as Mark said it is more likely the cable (or connector) on the cable running to the 510. I would check all the cable connectors for corrosion. It is likely that moisture got into one of them.

5. larrystotler

Jun 6, 2004
    Yeah, I ran into a similar problem today. Had to replace the drop to the 119 dish to correct it. The 119's cable was not working with the 18V send. Still could have been the switch tho. If the 22khz tone doesn't take on the 18V, it would show the 119 even twice(seen that before as well).

6. Bill R

Bill R Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2002
    Larry,

Just an FYI. DISH Network does not use the 22 KHz tone to switch. That is DirecTV's method.

7. larrystotler

Jun 6, 2004
    Actually, it IS a 22Khz tone. It just has a digital component since they use multiple switch conifgs for more than 2 sats. At least the legacy system does. DP uses Disceq instead.

8. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Hall Of Fame

Jan 15, 2004
    Larry's right - plus I believe that DiSeqc ALSO uses 22KHz to carry the command stream.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.