1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post those 622 install reports from today????

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by sunfire01, Feb 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunfire01

sunfire01 AllStar

Feb 6, 2006
    I know alot of people got their 622's installed today, where are you at??

Jason

2. pdxsam

pdxsam Godfather

Jun 19, 2004

Mine was activated today... works just like the 942 did nice and smooth.

One thing I DO NOT like is now having to hit the DVR button twice to get to my recordings. Hitting it once brings you to a menu where you can choose either the recordings or dish on demand.

That's not good at all.

Back to playing.

Sam

3. monoparadox

monoparadox Cool Member

Feb 19, 2006
    My installer is at work right now -- after dark here in the Midwest. I narrowly averted disaster:

========================WARNING==========================

I have a Superdish/811 setup. I'm upgrading to a 622 and need a Dish1000 to get the complete HD package (on 129). MAKE SURE Dish is VERY CLEAR about having the 1000 on your order. It took the tech about 2 hrs. on the phone to get this clarified with DISH.

The tech said DISH is VERY RELUCTANT to upgrade a Superdish to the 1000 if you already have HD.

Good luck! I needed some today.;)

4. zbart

zbart New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    I have been a long time viewer of this site. About 2 years now. I just decided to register and post today. Better late than never! I had the 622 installed yesterday. Everything went pretty smooth, the installers were in and out in about an hour and a half. So far I have been happy with the 622. I like the 16:9 format on the guide. Big improvement over the 811. I don't know what I did without DVR. It is unbelievable. The only problem I have experienced is when I am watching a show on TV1 and start to view a recorded program on TV2. On a couple of occasions, both TV's would go black and I would get static sound. I go ahead and do a reset and everyting is ok. It does not happen all the time but it has happened 3 times since install. I called Dish and spoke to a Tech to report the problem. She took my system info and was going to document the problem. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this issue?

5. IsHDHere

IsHDHere Cool Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Will my did not happen and boy I was mad today. I got a call yesterday to confirm everything 622 install with a dish 1000. I was set I thought.
    Well 4:00 came around and no one had show up. I placed the call which they checked with the local guys which stated they did not have any Dish 1000. So I starting complainting loudly. About 30 mins later a DISH tech shows up at my door stating he is here for the install. I said what are you going to install he stated the 622. I asked how am I going to get all the HD channels. He said that could be a problem. It went down hill from there. So they will come back when they have a Dish 1000. Could be April I was told. They did credit me one month. (Big Deal).
    Now I just turned on the TV with no local channels. I guess I am back on the phone. My next call is about to be cancel DISH so called Service.

6. sunfire01

sunfire01 AllStar

Feb 6, 2006
    did you get your 622 activated in the meantime?

Jason

7. monoparadox

monoparadox Cool Member

Feb 19, 2006
    I narrowly averted the same situation. Fortunately, I had a persistent installer and he had a 1000 on the truck. After 2 hours on the phone with DISH, he got the okay. It's 7:30 pm/dark and he's installing it right now.(Midwestern work ethic :)

8. bthessel

bthessel AllStar

Oct 26, 2004
    My install is scheduled for Saturday the 25th. You guys are scaring me I think I will call right now and check on my order.

9. boylehome

boylehome Hall Of Fame/Supporter

Jul 16, 2004
    My 622 was activated yesterday. The installer arrived on time, did a pretty good job, and they had the right parts. There was a problem with the UHF remote to TV2. It wouldn't work beyond 15 ft. I had two cables ran under my house for the distribution of TV2. It is very tight under the house. The installer was not a small fellow. I think he lifted the house at least twice. The another problem was with the activation. After the installer called E* and had them authorize the 622 on the HD Platinum and deactivate the 811, he left. I noticed that all of the new HD channels were still red in the guide and I couldn't access them. I called E* and found out that I was still on the AEP, no package change. After the excellent CSR did some data entry on the computer, I had all the channels. I later went into Locks to set a password. It had a password already. I sure as heck didn't know what it was so I had to call E* back for an unlock. Having used two 921's for about 2 years now, it took me all of 20 minutes to fall in love with the 622. Oh, most importantly, I'm saving 34 cents a month with the new package!?

10. sunfire01

sunfire01 AllStar

Feb 6, 2006
    Let us know what they say, I called yesterday and all the tech could tell me is they are supposed to install a 2nd dish? Who knows!!!???

Jason

11. sunfire01

sunfire01 AllStar

Feb 6, 2006
    Did you get a dish 1000 or 2nd dish?

Jason

12. dragon762

dragon762 Cool Member

Feb 1, 2006
    My install was scheduled between 12-5 today. Dish employee showed up at 2:30.

I have 2 dishes, which they upgraded to DPP lnbs.

I had already hooked up the receiver, so they checked it and called for activation.

CSR entered the receiver ID incorrectly and it took a tech support person to fix it.

Had to reset receiver and unplug it for 1 minute.

Plugged in receiver and my Platinum package was active.

Everything working and I am recording two shows to the DVR (in HD)

13. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    Dish tech called me at 12:05pm. He was in my driveway putting together the dish. Since I was 5 min away, I clocked out and drove home. Very nice polite young man said I was the first install his group had done in Lubbock ( I know of 1 other person that got setup yesterday).

He had to install a new pole for the satellite head (Dish 1000) because my old one was not plumb side to side. Used the cabling from my 301 with a diplexer on the back of the 622. Installed a switch because I will be keeping one 301 in the bedroom.

622 was installed in my office, he looked around for the HDTV, and I pointed out my Sony D50Q (see my avatar). I guess he had never seen a three eyed monster, because he asked me how much replacement bulbs cost. So, I said they last 10-15 thousand hours and are only $500 each, but that's every 10years or so.

He aligned the head on the new base and tuned it right in. All-in-all everything took about 1.5 hours. Watched Olympic hockey for a couple of minutes before going back to work.

Now I'm learning how to use it.

O, by the way the ATSC tuner is better than both my Accurian 6000 and my Samsung SIR-T351 at locking locals, two of which are very low power (<1kW).

Now I have 10 local DTV channels (3 in HD) and 23 satellite HD channels.

14. sunfire01

sunfire01 AllStar

Feb 6, 2006
    So what 2 dishes did you have before? All they did was replace the lnbs what kinda switch do you have?

Jason

15. monoparadox

monoparadox Cool Member

Feb 19, 2006
    I suppose this can vary by area. But here's what my installer told me, and he seems like a no-BS kind of guy:

1. All new installs are moving to the Dish1000.
    2. If you are an existing HD package customer with a SuperDish, DISH is reluctant to provide the 1000 upgrade. (which makes no sense, but it was obvious DISH had some kinks to work out)
    3. It is not as easy as pulling a 1000 off the truck and putting it in for you. It must be on the work order from DISH or you will have a problem activating on their computer system.

The bottom line: make sure the 1000 is ON THE WORK ORDER or you're probably in for some grief. AND don't accept any vagueness from the CSR's. MAKE SURE it's on the order!

16. sunfire01

sunfire01 AllStar

Feb 6, 2006
    But seeing that my install is this saturday isn't it too late to make sure without having to reschedule?

Jason

17. IsHDHere

IsHDHere Cool Member

Jan 31, 2006

Just got my locals turned back up. The lady that placed my new order today turned off my locals. I was told they could come back out on the morning of the 23rd. with a Dish 1000. Which I was gald to here that. I have not activated the 622 as of yet.

18. dhaberer

dhaberer New Member

Feb 1, 2006
    installed. the received is DEAD. Bad HDD. Couldn't be more disappointed.

19. TOAST

TOAST Mentor

Feb 8, 2006
    Install set for tomrow am. I got call from dish at 2:30 today. Ill let you know how it go, and what hardware thay install.

20. dragon762

dragon762 Cool Member

Feb 1, 2006
    I have a dish 500 for 110 & and 119. I had a dish 300 for 61.5, which was replaced with a dish 500 with a single dishpro lnb.

I only have the 622 and a 6000, so the only switch is the internal one in the DPP lnb. I had 2 coax running from the old switch 64 to the house (about 180 feet). The installer used one for the 622 (used a seperator) and ran the other to the 6000 and installed a legacy adaptor.

The 622 pricture and sound have been excellent. I use component connector and fiber optic audio.

OTA is OUTSTANDING. Much better and more stable than the 6000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.