1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your 722 aquisition story and price here!

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Marriner, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marriner

Marriner Legend

Jan 23, 2006
    If you have succesfully ordered a ViP 722 from dish, post your experience and "deal" here.

2. bdmd

bdmd Cool Member

Sep 9, 2005
    I get Dish Network bundled with my Frontier Communications telephone and internet service. I just called their dish network customer service division (888-742-0240) and was told, after a five minute wait, that " that device is not available for order yet, try back every week or month." That stinks. I will just try to cald dish directly and see what I find out.

3. satguy06

satguy06 AllStar

Jan 10, 2006
    I'm a Dish Network subscriber. For me to upgrade to the vip722, I would have to pay $149.00, but then I would get a $100.00 bonus credit? Is this right? So, esentially I would end up costing me just $49.00?

4. rice0209

rice0209 Legend

Oct 11, 2005
    I assume their rules about having only four leased tuners on one account will still apply?

5. sdschramm

sdschramm Legend

Aug 15, 2007
    I just signed up for Dish Network about a month ago and they gave me a ViP 622. Now that the ViP 722 came out, I complained and asked for a 722 as I didn't want an outdated receiver already. I don't know if they are going to give me the 722 to swap with the 622 yet, but if they do, how do I transfer my recordings?

Can I use a direct USB cable from my 622 to the 722, or do I have to pay $40.00, buy an external HD and play games with that?

-Scott

6. ChuckA

ChuckA Hall Of Fame

Feb 7, 2006
    A USB external HDD is the only way to save programming from a receiver and put it back on another one.

7. Tulsa1

Tulsa1 Godfather

Oct 15, 2003
    I thought the EHD couldn't be shared between DVRs

8. ChuckA

ChuckA Hall Of Fame

Feb 7, 2006
    Currently it can be switched three times according to the Tech Chat information.

9. Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser Hall Of Fame Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2005
    At this time I have been told that Dish Network does not support sharing the EHD between DVRs, however a later software release may enable this for all receivers on the same account.

However, during the tech chat it was mentioned you can currently move an EHD 3 times before it has to be reformatted, from what I understand this is not supported and if you do this you do it at your own risk. In fact, if you move the hard drive to another receiver it tells you that the existing events will be deleted, a screen shot of this message is included in my first look document.

10. ebaltz

ebaltz Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2004
    That seems to be what the website is saying for me. So for about an additional 30 hours of HD storage space its $49.

11. sledhead 700

sledhead 700 Mentor

Apr 27, 2004
    I called today and was told the $149 price was for the 622...if I want a 722 it would be $199:( ...both had a $100 rebate. So $49 or $99.

Dave

12. CABill

CABill Hall Of Fame

Mar 20, 2005
    When you go to Equipment Info at My Account, is there any mention of 722, or just "HD DVR"? I still see the same thing I saw yesterday (the 622 offer)

Select an HD-DVR for two rooms of service (or "Picture in Picture" for 1 TV)
    $49.00 after DISH'n It Up Bonus credit ($149.00 upfront credit card payment)

I've not even reached a CSR that could find a 722 as "available", but knew it was supposed to happen today.

13. Bogey62

Bogey62 Godfather

Nov 30, 2002
    Yep, I just got the same bad news! Cut us a brerak here, Dish, especially for those of us who laid out $300 not more than 1.5 years ago for the 622! I'm not spending another $99 for a bigger hard drive (722), I might as well buy a USB drive for my 622.

I can understand gouging the new customers who got their 622 for free, but not those of us who had to actually lay out a hefty chunk of change in the first place. On top of that, I've been a customer for 5 years and my bill runs $140+ per month!

14. joedoe

joedoe AllStar

Jul 19, 2005
    Just called in and did the upgrade from 622 to 722 and yes, it costs $99 after $100 back. They said that information on the web site will be corrected soon.

I had periodic BSODs on the 622 so I had something to do with it anyway.

15. normang

normang Icon

Nov 14, 2002
    I really get bored of people expecting a break because they run out the first day. week, or month and get the latest and greatest receiver hot off the presses, and then when the prices and deals get better or now that a new model receiver is released, they moan that Dish should give them some sort of break because their deal wasn't as good or they spent $X, or I've been a customer for X # of years. Dish as I see it doesn't owe anyone anything, you made your choice of deals when you laid your money down.

Also, it makes perfect sense that the 722 is going to be more expensive, it stores nearly twice as much programming as the 622, and to expect that its going to be the same price as the 622? Doesn't make sense to me..

I just wish they didn't have the silly rebate process, just take the $49/$99, and get over it. Why waste everyone's time with the rebate.. (Yes I know why they do it, a significant portion of people are too lazy or forgetful to do it and Dish winds up with more money, which to me is a reason not to have rebates)

16. Charise

Charise AllStar/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 25, 2004
    I'm with you here, Bogey. The $300 with no rebates for my 622 and then a $200 price drop in 2.5 months really left a bad taste with me. I was willing to accept that the price would drop, but I expected it to be about 10 months, not as soon as 2. Good thing I like my 622 so much!

17. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I with you on being anti-rebate. It's one thing to bite the bullet and pay for an upgrade... quite another to pay $100 more and then have to fill out a form and wait for a rebate and deal with that hassle.

I like the old upgrade promos where you got a "deal" price and that was the end of it.

Frankly, even though the "net" is the same... I am liable to jump quicker on a $49 upgrade than a $149 upgrade with $100 rebate.

18. jim98604

jim98604 New Member

Nov 17, 2004
    Ok, just called in. Wanted to replace my old 501 with a new 722.:joy: CSR Said sorry, I can only give you the $149 with $100 rebate if you trade-in your 622. I said then what is the cost without the promotion? He replied I can not give you a 722 unless you trade-in your 622. :mad: Ok so i bumped up to a CSR Supervisor. She was able to give me a different deal where I could add the 722 to my account and turn-in the 501 "if I wanted to" $119 out of pocket today with $10 credit for 10 months.

I asked for no Service Call as I already have a DPP44 and everything setup. She said she had to make an appointment. Ok. Fine Done. Coming this Sunday afternoon:goodjob: Now to call the other number and order the EHD activation for my current 622!

19. normang

normang Icon

Nov 14, 2002
    Here we go already, the deal changes from person to person.. This is really annoying..

If your getting a DISH'n It Up upgrade as based on the web site, you should be able to spend $149 with $100 rebate for a 622 or $199 and $100 rebate for a 722. The page, while not updated for the 722 yet, says the same pricing for shipped or installed, so I don't know why for Jim, they want to have someone come out and install it.

So unless the deal varies based on the equipment you have, the story could vary from customer to customer..

20. Bogey62

Bogey62 Godfather

Nov 30, 2002
    So, you think it's fair to burn loyal customers and reward new customers? WOW, are you related to Charlie? I'm not going to defend my point any further than that because I'm sure it will be wasted on you.

As for the rebate nonsense... yes, some will forget to fill out the form and never get their money back, but the more important aspect of all this is... We give Charlie the extra $100 that we get back over a TEN MONTH period of time in the way of lousy $10 credits to our monthly bills. How much interest do you think Charlie can make with all that spare cash laying around (and don't for a second think that this is not what's happening here with that game)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.