1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your shows that the HR20 started recording late.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by bto4wd, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bto4wd

bto4wd Duplicate User (Account Closed)

Apr 17, 2007
    I'm not sure how many HR20 users this is effecting, but it's effect everything I record. I'm tired of every show starting late. Network TV, HBO, Food Network....everything.

Show: NBC Nightly News
    Date/Time: 07/17/07 - 5:30 pm
    Channel: Local NBC station - OTA HD
    Comments: Started well into the first story. Nothing else recording.
    Version: HR20-100 current NR
    Time Zone: MST - Arizona, we don't do daylight savings....we've got plenty of daylight.

2. brianp6621

brianp6621 Legend

Jun 13, 2007
    Just thought I'd chime in as I see these threads all the time.

My HR20 seems to record shows perfectly on time on every channel.

Is this something wrong with certain units or channels?

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    I don't have any recordings that start late.

4. JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    All of my shows start late and finish early unlike my TIVO box

5. bto4wd

Apr 17, 2007
    I'm beginning to think so. Kinda why I started this one to track who has problems and with what units and what channels/shows.

I have problems with every show. I could see it on locals and some networks, but every Star Trek: Enterprise I record on HDNet starts a good 30 seconds into the show. So maybe compiling a list might help nail this down.

6. Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain Active Member

Dec 7, 2006
    Maybe a poll might be easier!

I don't recall any of my recordings starting late, but I usually have a hand full of food being inserted into my mouth about the same time I hit the play button and get seated. So maybe I am missing it.

I will check the next recording.

7. Vinny

Vinny New Member

Sep 1, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    I don't have shows that start late: however, it seems I need to RW about 30 seconds to a minute to see the start of a recorded show.

This was a problem that seemed to be fixed a few CE releases ago; but it has returned.

8. bto4wd

Apr 17, 2007
    I think more specifics are in order here. ST: Enterprise is a good example. I haven't seen their schedule vary like local broadcasts can do. Maybe we pick an episode of STE and have some that experience no problems set that to record. I'll do the same and let's see how the exact same episode records at the exact same time on the exact same channel.

I'm not home to look up the schedule but if others are willing I'll pick an episode over the next couple of days and let's see what happens. I remember on my HR10 I say the HDNet logo and then caught the beginning of the show. On the HR20 there's no flyby or any captain's log notes. Just jumps into the middle of a scene.

9. EAGLES20

EAGLES20 Legend

Sep 8, 2005
    My problem is not the beginning but the end. Every show ends like a minute before it suppose to I never get to see next week shows.

10. JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    I think somebody should start a poll?

11. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    I wonder if some people are experiencing the bug where playing a program from the playlist starts about 30 seconds into the program ... The recording started on time, it's the playback that starts late.

This has happened to me so often that by habit when I want to play a program from my playlist, I hit PLAY and then immediately hit REPLAY a few times to back up.

I haven't noticed any late starts since I've been doing this.

12. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    Many times, of late, I too have to rewind about 30 seconds to the beginning of a recorded show. This was fixed earlier but it seems to be back again. Otherwise my recordings start and stop as they are supposed to.

13. Racer88

Racer88 Icon

Sep 12, 2006
    Good luck. I beat this same drum several months ago with a perfect program to use for testing in this thread.
    http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?p=884337#post884337

Very little came of it.
    Regardless, it's painfully obvious the time keeping in this box is badly broken in many ways and also obvious nobody with power to fix it really cares. (if it can even be fixed.)

It could be a hardware and/or design flaw and if it is it certainly will never be admitted to by anyone responsible for having to replace it.

14. bto4wd

Apr 17, 2007
    Once again:

Show: NBC Nightly News
    Date/Time: 07/18/07 - 5:30 pm
    Channel: Local NBC station - OTA HD
    Comments: Only maybe 15 seconds late this time
    Time Zone: MST

15. bto4wd

Apr 17, 2007
    Also:

Show: The Daily Show
    Date/Time: 07/18/07 - 8:00 pm
    Channel: Comedy Central - (I know, no real surprise here)
    Comments: About 30 seconds late
    Time Zone: MST

16. bto4wd

Apr 17, 2007
    If anyone would like to try recording Star Trek: Enterprise on HDNet Friday at 1:00pm EDT/10:00am PDT we can compare starting points later in the day. The episode named is "Cease Fire". No padding, set as a manual record.

17. jahgreen

jahgreen Godfather

Dec 15, 2006
    Why manual?

18. bto4wd

Apr 17, 2007
    My SL had already recorded that episode so it wasn't scheduled. The next scheduled one (other than today in 30 minutes) was next Tuesday. So I just picked one tomorrow. I've also set it up on my 2nd HR20 to see if it has the same starting point.

19. glennb

glennb Hall Of Fame

Sep 21, 2006
    I pad everything 2 minutes before and 2 minutes after so I wouldn't really know.

20. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    The OP requested you to post shows that started late....
    Please don't post that "yours is working fine", as it will fill the the thread with data, that doesn't correspond to the request

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.