1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Potential for Whole-Home HD Receivers Playlist Artwork

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Rtm, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Rtm

Rtm Godfather

Oct 18, 2011
    Now I understand having all the artwork in the Guide on the H21, H22, H23, H24, and H25 might be to much to ask for. However it seems perfectly plausible for the playlist on these receivers to have the artwork under the top right DirecTV logo/Clock area as all the DVRs do. Loaded from the DVR with the Playlist of course.

Us Visual-Spatial learners have trouble reading a list of text, that tell me the day, time, channel#, channel, TV rating, and how many minutes it is. Some of use just want pictures.

2. PK6301

PK6301 Legend

May 16, 2012
    Erie, PA
    + 1

3. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    There is no storage device in the H2X models, other than the flash memory where the guide data resides. Without storage space there can be no "posters".

4. Diana C

Diana C Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Mar 30, 2007
    New Jersey
    And even if they did, let's not do anything to slow down these receivers, please.

5. Rtm

Rtm Godfather

Oct 18, 2011
    The playlist repopulates everytime you click list on the HXX receivers? Oh and I'm not talking about the guide just the playlist, pull it from the other receivers. Whether the playlist gets stored on the HXX receivers or are pulled each time.

6. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    Exactly

7. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    It still has to have somewhere to be stored even if you "pull it from the other receivers". The playlist graphics aren't streamed to the H2X's, they are already on the H2X's in the firmware. And yes, the playlist repopulates each time you bring it up, it's not stored on the H2X's either. The H2X's have no storage, only memory and the memory is used for guide data. That guide data is wiped on each reboot.