1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Potential Switch -- However...

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Brock, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Brock

Brock Mentor

May 1, 2009
    Dish America Silver is PERFECT for my household (primarily due to the inclusion of Bravo) all the other packages which include Bravo are too expensive on Dish and Directv. HOWEVER I need an SD version of every channel in the package in order for the switch to be worth it.

Is Dish America HD Only or does it include SD versions of every channel that has one?

2. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    I don't know the exact answer, but.... You don't need the channel to be SD. If they are all HD, you get an HD receivers for no charge.(for the receiver itself - charge per receiver for programmng still applies no matter what the configuration) The fact that a HD receiver is connected to an SD set makes no difference. In fact some channels, with many more to come actually are only sending an HD signal even if an SD actual dish signal. ESPN as an example. The SD version is really HD downsized.

3. neomaine

neomaine Legend

Feb 3, 2003
    It doesn't matter because the receivers have both HD and SD connections for you to hook up virtually any display you want.

4. Brock

Brock Mentor

May 1, 2009
    So we are sure on this? The receivers are capable of downscaling the HD to SD?

5. archer75

archer75 Godfather

Oct 13, 2006
    Yes

I have dish america and I get SD versions of all the HD channels. I also use my 722 receiver to run a second SDTV upstairs and can play all HD recorded programs and channels there without issue.

6. Brock

Brock Mentor

May 1, 2009
    ...also Dish no longer charges you extra when you don't have a home phone right?

7. archer75

archer75 Godfather

Oct 13, 2006
    I don't have a phone line but I do have it connected to my network and I don't get charged.

8. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Please do not solicit or share referral codes. Thanks!

9. RaymondG@DISH Network

RaymondG@DISH Network New Member

Jul 21, 2011
    The DISH America packages are considered HD Only. They do include both HD and SD channels, however you will need to be installed with all MPEG-4 eqipment (HD equipment).