1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Power outage - Nothing but black after HR20 reboot - Unpluging fixed it

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Kenwood, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenwood

Kenwood Mentor

Sep 13, 2006
    It's Monsoon season now in Phoenix. So with the intense lighting storms, the power goes out. With this I've had my 1st problems with the HR20.

It reboots (I see the blue swirling), but when it stops, my screen is black (via HMDI), I switch the inputs on the remote and I see video on my HR10-250. The only way to fix it was to unplug the HR20. Problem fixed.

Then yesterday, the power blew during the afternoon (as the clocks were blicking that 6 hours had past since they reset). So the HR20 is STILL doing the Blue swirling, so I switched to that input (as we always watch the Tivo) and Black screen. Once again I had to plug the plug to get it working right again.

Thoughts?

I know some will just recommend a...UPS. What would you recommend for a HR20, HR10-250 and a Sony 60 inch A2000 SXRD? Links? Thanks guys

2. rlgold88

rlgold88 Godfather

Aug 30, 2006
    I had the same thing happen to mine awhile back and had to unplug thr hr20 to get going again. I was told in the forum to by a ups system that may help.

But I already had an expensive surge protector and didnt have the money to invest on power backup for it. Found a fairly cheap backup system from triplite omni1000.
    I have the hr20, hr10-250, and 60 inch sony xbr2 sxrd connected to it and since then I have not had a problem. Eventhough you only have about 10 min to half an hour (Everthing off) of backup power it must make it less hard on the hr20.

I plugged in the triplite omni to the expensive surge protector so that all the equipment will be protected joules wise.
    triplite omni 1000 for around $100.

Rob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.