1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PowerDVD8 Ultra and Vista

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by chuckyHDDTV, Aug 20, 2008.

1. chuckyHDDTV

chuckyHDDTV AllStar

Aug 30, 2007
    Hye gents,

Once again I am back here to get solutions from the experts. I am having problems using PowerDVD 8 Ultra to play Blu-Ray Discs on Windows Vista Home Premium. The program autoplays everytime I insert a BD. But as the program goes into playing the disc, a black screen comes up as if its trying to go full screen and it gets stuck. Freezes up. I have to use the task manager to close the program. When I play a regular DVD, it play well, no issues. I uninstalled and reinstalled the software but get the same result on the BD. I uninstalled the software and installed PowerDVD 7.3 BD edition, the software that came with my OEM BD player. It works perfectly. It played every BD I have. I would like to use PowereDVD 8 Ultra since I did buy it from Cyberlink. It baffles me that the older version works flawlessly when the newer one should work better. I used Cyberlink's email support to see if they have a solution to my problem but I came here as well to see if anyone has had the same problem and found a fix.

Chuck

2. TheGreatLogan

TheGreatLogan AllStar

May 25, 2008
    have u tried to check for any updates???

also, check the forum from the web page of the product maybe there is some information, but according from what i heard it has to be updates or upgrades

3. deltafowler

deltafowler Duplicate User (Account Closed)

Aug 28, 2007
    Also check for firmware updates for your hardware.

4. chuckyHDDTV

chuckyHDDTV AllStar

Aug 30, 2007
    I tried that. No go. Let me put this out then. Who here is using any Bluray playback software together with SPDIF out on their sound card without issues?