1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Powerline adapter ?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by dvisthe, Jun 10, 2009.

1. dvisthe

dvisthe Legend

May 26, 2007
    I just recently put a window unit AC in the same receptacle as my powerline adapter, I had to put my powerline adapter in upside down. (the only way it would fit)

It is working, I am getting DOD and TVapps. But I wonder if this makes the connection slower. Or is there no difference?

2. dave29

dave29 DIRECTV A-Team

Feb 18, 2007
    It doesn't matter.

3. dvisthe

dvisthe Legend

May 26, 2007
    thanks

4. BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt

Nov 3, 2006
    Only unless DOD is playing in reverse.;)

Actually, unless you are getting interference, it should not make a bit of difference.

5. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 DIRECTV A-Team

Jul 28, 2004
    No difference...but I would have some concern about the ongoing surges/dips that the air cond unit will inevitably cause every time the compressor kicks in or off.

If it were me...I'd find another location.